NOTE: There are four Amazing Race Canada recap blogs that are ranked based upon arbitrary criteria. The highest scorer for each week scores four points. Second place receives three points while third place gets two points. The lowest scorer earns just one point.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK ELEVEN
GORD AND WAYNE: 37 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 36 pts
RHAP: 24 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 12 pts
This is it. Our final week of a project that has been drawn out over the course of eleven months. Gord & Wayne have a narrow one point lead over Sue’s Reality Canada. Can RHAP have a strong showing and play spoiler for the Edmonton friends? It’s possible. I mean, YRR did escape the cellar for the first time all season in last week’s showdown.
Let’s end this. Charlotte Diamond is waiting to dish out her hugs accordingly.
– Diving into whether or not TARC has a gender problem.
– Acknowledges that TARC does a better job of casting all-female teams than TAR US does.
– Don’t make this about you; that’s a Gord and Wayne thing to do.
– This would have been a great opportunity to point out Duthie’s treatment of Laura & Jackie or Susan & Sharnjit.
– Were Vanessa & Celina really that strong? Or Holly, who pretty much quit because of a physical task?
– Gino & Jesse were not heroes.
– Not enough finale analysis.
– Yes, sabreing a bottle of wine is kind of cool. Coolest thing ever? I dunno. But yes, still cool.
– Introduction still comes off as a casual fan on the couch.
– Oh, the grammar errors and sentence fragments.
– Brent & Sean are underdogs?
– The Brent & Sean obsession persists from start to finish for the last time.
– Don’t insert “LOL” into a recap. Gotta have that authoritative voice.
– Bought into the patriotism and nationalism angle of TAR. Sigh.
– Too much Gino & Jesse praise.
3) GORD AND WAYNE
– Wayne catches on to Monty’s Olympic celebration.
– Nice dig at Edmonton taxi drivers.
– Wayne acknowledges this was not the greatest finale ever.
– Did you -really- love this season?
– We don’t need to hear about your multi-tasking superpowers, Wayne.
– You and Gord are not cultured types. You can’t fool us.
– You missed an opportunity for a Zap Brannigan Cham-Pagan joke.
– Actually, Allan Wu is the best TAR host in the world. Monty needs to work on his pun game.
– You said you wouldn’t recap TAR 28. Way to break your word, Wayne.
– You didn’t link to my blog. 😦
– Gord’s write-up was all summary and had a few typos. I presume he was pressed for time, or just not really into the season finale like myself and the folks at RTV Warriors were at the time.
4) SUE’S REALITY CANADA
Didn’t do a recap? Uh, I have heard of things being anti-climatic, but this is ridiculous.
Well, that was an interesting finish. I can’t believe this, but. . .
FIRST PLACE: GORD AND WAYNE
They win for the week which also means they win the whole damn competition. You have won the 250, 000 pennies courtesy of someone other than me. Who will pay up? I don’t know, but you are entitled to it from somebody.
But the real prize are the hugs from Charlotte Diamond. Her kids, and well, most of her friends may be sick of her clingy-ness by now, but for you guys it will be a novelty. Enjoy.
Sadly, because you won the championship, you CANNOT earn the casual fan favourite ranking of the recappers award. The trophy is being shipped to Dana & Amanda as well as the other eight thousand wonderful citizens of Wabush.
SECOND PLACE: RHAP
Perhaps I raised the bar a bit too high for Jessica throughout the season, but maybe a competition like this will motivate her to be better, faster, stronger come TAR Canada 4. There is something about Gord & Wayne, Sue, and Jessica all battling it out for TARC 3 that was interesting to watch.
Who can entertain Logan the most? I know that was their personal goal for the entire season. Well, it was Wayne’s goal, anyway.
Maybe this year, Jess. Maybe this year.
THIRD PLACE: YRR
Just like a high school teacher, sometimes good attendance can be beneficial to your grade. Welcome to the podium for the second week in a row, YRR.
LAST PLACE: SUE’S REALITY CANADA
If there is any proof that reinforces RTV Warriors’ statement that the season finale of TAR Canada 3 was the worst episode of The Amazing Race in 2015 along with the opener of TAR 26, this would be it.
You didn’t even show up, Sue. I was rooting for you. Tyra Banks was rooting for you. We were all rooting for you.
Gord’s unusually high typo count meant that your chance of beating Gord & Wayne for the week was extremely high for this round. Your analysis and a few pop culture references would have ended this competition in a tie, and I likely would have declared you the season winner because that would have been hilarious.
But no. You let me down, and most importantly, you let yourself down. Oh, and you let YRR beat you. Sigh.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF THE COMPETITION
GORD AND WAYNE: 41 pts — ****OUR TAR CANADA 3 RECAPPING CHAMPIONS****
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 37 pts
RHAP: 27 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 14 pts
Congrats Gord & Wayne. Now rest up while you can as we are just four weeks away before you must defend your title. Sue and Jess are going to be hungrier than ever.
P.S. I will be swapping YRR with a different recapping site for TAR Canada 4. This blog isn’t really made for mocking people, and it was tough to keep this as light-hearted as possibl–reapeatedly taking someone down a notch is not something I am entirely comfortable with on a weekly basis. If you know a a good TAR Canada 4 recapping blog, give me a shout!
P.P.S. I feel bad for the poor soul reading this who thinks this was taken seriously. . .and also the poor souls who have been rocking back and forth in their chair waiting for this project to be finished over the past eleven months.