NOTE: There are four Amazing Race Canada recap blogs that are ranked based upon arbitrary criteria. The highest scorer for each week scores four points. Second place receives three points while third place gets two points. The lowest scorer earns just one point.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK TEN
GORD AND WAYNE: 34 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 32 pts
RHAP: 23 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 10 pts
– “Brent & Sean had some fun in the cab doing ‘Ope'” is simultaneously disturbing and hilarious.
– First paragraph is very scattered.
– Very very brief summary of the first half of the episode. The Cabotage incident needed a great deal of expansion.
– Just do a quick proofread before uploading, please.
2) GORD AND WAYNE
– Writer/Blogger/DJAmateur curler. What can’t Wayne do?
– Gord was able to keep quiet about his involvement in the Edmonton episode.
– Good insight on how much taxis suck in Edmonton. This is particularly shocking when gas prices are only about half of what they are in B.C. How the hell does that happen?
– Expensive Taxis and Recycling Champions: What strange titles for a city to aspire to.
– Beastie Boys awareness.
– A Caite Upton U-Turn reference? I laughed.
– Hurry Hard is the spin-off to Cool Runnings.
– Gord’s joke about Brent not realizing it was garbage in a place full of garbage.
– I did appreciate Gino & Jesse’s humiliating defeat against Brent & Sean be pointed out.
– What the hell is Edmonchuk? Don’t impose your slang on me.
– We get it. Gord makes a cameo.
– Who the hell is Dana Anderson?
– Ope never said I was heartwarming. ;_;
– Gord dissed Survivor. Don’t diss Survivor. Maybe specific seasons, but c’mon, don’t be placing TAR on a pedestal over Survivor or The Mole.
– You ain’t getting your peaches, Gord. Get over it.
– “If you’re Canadian, you’ve probably curled a few times in your life.” — Don’t be so presumptuous, Gord. Neither I nor any of my siblings have ever played Curling in our lives.
– Twinnies didn’t really steal James & Abba’s money.
– I am not a fan of Gino & Jesse, but their decision to take Nick & Matt’s cab was a legitimate one. It ain’t a dirty move. What are they supposed to do? Agree to come in last? The cab driver went along with it.
– Pro wrestlers aren’t actually used to saying lines. Maybe, like, one line every minute because they say it really slowly for the audience, but there isn’t that much written memorization involved.
– “Simi is hoping for a shoutout with the taxi thieves” — Shootout, I presume?
3) Sue’s Reality Canada
– Sue perfectly breaks down the whole Cabotage incident in a separate post. We are 100% in agreement.
– Sue takes as much delight in casual fans freaking out as I do. ❤
– The Haunted Compost Ride IS fun.
– Oh, the St. Albert sarcasm.
– A relatively short but hilarious recap. However, that can be forgiven as Cabotage was covered on another page. Well done, Sue.
– You could have elaborated more upon the Face-Off. Was it really that uneventful? What about that stupid music that played?
None?! They didn’t do one?! Oh my word. This can’t be. . .
WEEK 11 RESULTS
FIRST PLACE: SUE’S REALITY CANADA
Everything was so on point this week. From your Cabotage views to an appropriate analysis of the other events was very well-executed.
I applaud your work.
SECOND PLACE: WAYNE AND GORD’S REVIEWS
You didn’t link to my blog. Why did you give up the secret to your success?
However, it was a solid effort this week. In all seriousness, it is cool that Gord got to be apart of a television production that he loves so dearly. Perhaps one season after I compete in TAR Canada 5, you guys will get your shot.
I greatly appreciated the insight to the Edmonchuk way of life. See? I am even using the local slang. Aren’t you impressed?
P.S. And yes, I liked the Beastie Boys reference. I will award ten points to Gryffindor.
THIRD PLACE: YRR
De fault: The two sweetest words in the English language. Hell has officially frozen over. The ten-week streak of being banished to the (wine) cellar is over.
FOURTH PLACE: RHAP
Between this week’s non-recap and the previous week’s recap that didn’t acknowledge the episode, my gut tells me that TARC 3 was rapidly losing RHAP’s interest. Tiny towns in the South Okanagan and Edmonchuk will do that to you.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK ELEVEN
GORD AND WAYNE: 37 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 36 pts
RHAP: 24 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 12 pts
With only one week remaining, who will take home the victory as well as the grand prize? What is the grand prize, you ask?
Two Nissan Micras, 250, 000 pennies that somebody will have to find for me, and free hugs for life courtesy of Charlotte Diamond.
I should note that there is a vote for the audience’s Fan Favourite Recappers. The winners will also receive Free Hugs for Life from Charlotte Diamond.*
*Should the recipient of the Fan Favourite Recappers be awarded to the group who won the Ranking of the Recappers competition, Dana & Amanda will instead receive this prize. Sorry, that’s just how it is.