NOTE: There are four Amazing Race Canada recap blogs that are ranked based upon arbitrary criteria. The highest scorer for each week scores four points. Second place receives three points while third place gets two points. The lowest scorer earns just one point.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK NINE
GORD AND WAYNE: 30 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 29 pts
RHAP: 21 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 9 pts
This round is special to me as this is the episode where teams traveled to my home region: The Okanagan. By the end of this episode, TAR Canada has visited nearly every single town in the Okanagan. . .except my own. 😛
1) Wayne & Gord’s Reviews
– Wayne re-wrote the blog when his Old Man Using Technology Woes resulted in him losing his original post.
– He mentioned me and how I am full of TAR minutiae. I am flattered.
– Wayne likes Tokyo as much as I do: I know just two people from my high school grad class alone who currently teach in Japan. Strong Canadian connections there. TAR Canada is not allowed to visit Tokyo until I am in the cast.
– “Nick is as graceful as a pig”.
– I chuckled at Psychic Bladder.
– Wayne unintentionally quoted Clay Jordan from Survivor: Thailand.
– Thanks for being pro Leilani, Wayne.
– Damn right, Gord. You and a bunch of other tourists from out of the province invade the Okanagan’s shores. Do you know how frightened we are when we see the influx of Alberta license plates? The road suddenly becomes a lethal place.
– Gord even knows when peach season is in the Okanagan?
– Gord acknowledges the plethora of water challenges in a season that has many teams who can’t swim.
– “Silly Brent & Sean, they can barely lift the onion sacks.” — Gord’s indirect way of a Trix is for Kids reference.
– “This guy has the intestinal fortitude of a marshmallow. ” – Gord at it again with Brent & Sean digs.
– Wayne the car game goes by a lot of names online. Rush Hour, Traffic Jam, and Parking Panic are all acceptable answers. You couldn’t think of one of them? Somebody missed out on GameRival during their childhood.
– You refer to DuJean & Leilani as the Dancers. Considering Dana & Matt and Ernest & Jin have raced since TAR Canada 3, this confused me.
– Here we go again with all of the things Wayne & Gord would be great at on The Amazing Race.
– No credit to Harmstone for coining the “W-Turn” phrase?
– No D’Angelo R&B reference? Opportunity wasted.
– Too positive on Gino & Jesse.
– Only blog to colour code Detour options.
– There is Simi praise.
– Improvement in writing over the past few recaps.
– The Brent & Sean obsession continues. There are four other teams in this thing.
– Chinese Puzzle is not the name of the game. It is either Traffic Jam, Parking Panic, or Rush Hour.
– “Play a little nasty with hear other”
– Same problems as before.
– “Jesse does a but” — Considering the episode title, I am concerned.
– Please never mention Zach from BBCAN3 again. Ugh.
3) Sue’s Reality Canada
– An epic dig of Gino & Jesse only wanting to go back to Canada because it’ll be easy.
– Frogger reference.
– You didn’t leave Wayne as the only one to make a Mickey & Pete wakeboarding reference.
– The “I can’t swim/I’m afraid of the water” excuse comes in mighty handy when there’s a giant plesiosaur swimming around.
– Neat behind the scenes reveal of the EMS crew being called to Leilani, and how RFFers assumed this meant DuJean & Leilani were med evac’d.
– ROBIN HOOD MEN IN TIGHTS REFERENCES!!!!!!!!!! You know me too well, Sue.
– Best explanation of the Detour of all recaps.
– Ryan & Rob: Only good for digging through manure.
– The diagrams and the Sean Vom Counter. Oh man.
– Heh, the Jon screencap at the end.
– Nobody wants to hear your excuses about procrastinating and getting distracted. Get the damn recap done, son.
– I don’t appreciate the sarcasm about everyone being sooooo happy to see Brent & Sean.
– Heckling Brent & Sean for bringing up their casual alcoholism once more.
– The only recap to go in a different direction this round–strictly by analyzing their story.
– Caught on that Brent & Sean can pretty much be ruled out as winners.
– Pointed out Nick & Matt’s relevant experience.
– Ah yes. Ope’s Dad Dance. Could i tbe trademarked?
– It is interesting that Gino & Jesse would be the villains if they were in the US version. I have never thought about that before. Hmmmm.
– Are Brent & Sean really exceeding expectations by that wide of a margin?
– Only Americans don’t like Gino & Jesse? I think we know that isn’t entirely true. 😛
– Are Gino & Jesse really that good at racing? Within Canada yes, but internationally? Nope.
– This blog. . .needed a bit more content. How dare the Okanagan be shafted like this. 😦
– Acknowledged Nick & Matt’s largely invisible edit for most of the season.
WEEK 10 RESULTS
FIRST PLACE: GORD AND WAYNE
They linked to my blog.
A couple of Gord’s phrases made me laugh out loud.
The elderly just don’t get enough recognition for what they do these days.
SECOND PLACE: SUE’S REALITY CANADA
You would have won the round, but your self-admitted apathy is not attractive to me.
Your Robin Hood and Vomometer pictures were excellent.
I just wish there was a little bit more analysis. Just a tiny bit more.
THIRD PLACE: RHAP
You didn’t acknowledge the Okanagan’s existence once, or serenade my beloved DuJean & Leilani. Real tears are slowly falling down my cheeks.
LAST PLACE: YRR
We all know why by this point.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK TEN
GORD AND WAYNE: 34 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 32 pts
RHAP: 23 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 10 pts
P.S. Yes, I know coverage for TAR Canada 4 starts in a couple of weeks. Why do you think I am suddenly scrambling to finish this project over nine months later?