NOTE: There are four Amazing Race Canada recap blogs that are ranked based upon arbitrary criteria. The highest scorer for each week scores four points. Second place receives three points while third place gets two points. The lowest scorer earns just one point.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK EIGHT
GORD AND WAYNE: 27 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 25 pts
RHAP: 19 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 8 pts
– After this victory, there really was nothing more to Nick & Matt’s story other than obsessing over the VoldeMussolinis.
– Mentioned Natalie’s puking.
– Creative way to frame your blog for this week.
– If you love being wrong, then why don’t you love this Recappers Ranking which tells you how wrong you are each week?
– You say you can tell which teams will go far, but yet thought Dana & Amanda were going to be the bee’s knees.
– Are Simi & Ope actually getting there as contenders? Or do they just not suck as much as police officers or the VoldeMussolinis when traveling abroad?
– I would prefer seeing a team get emotionally destroyed, period. It feels a bit forced when everything has to have a happy ending in TAR.
– NEVER EVER MENTION ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT TAR 6! Plus that whole forced equalizer started a horrible trend of To Be Continued rounds for the next several seasons in a row.
Only TAR 14 and 19 got the To Be Continued theme done right.
– You can still steamroll the competition and have fun characters–BJ & Tyler and Eric & Jeremy.
– “I can stomach a Gino and Jesse win.” – Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew.
– I love ridiculous tasks but you mentioned the wrong ones.
– Not as many typos as you usually make in the past.
– “We all know that Indian men are known for their turbans.”
– The screencap of Nick hugging Monty.
– Not the worst recap they have submitted all season.
Someone out there is reading this and yelling “Really? I -didn’t- know that! Now I feel silly.”
– Taking the India “We need to appreciate things more at home” scene seriously as if it hadn’t been done 200 times before and has become a cliche.
– Soooo much summary. Zzzzzz.
– Why do you say you love everyone? We know Brent & Sean have been your favourites since day one.
– Your heart is literally breaking? Lies.
– Talks about how Brent & Sean represent Canada. Sigh. Such casual fan BS. Noboy should be watching TARC to boost nationalism in an artificial manner.
Sue’s Reality Canada
– Makes fun of Nick’s sandwich fondness.
– Includes departure times.
– Well formatted.
– Makes fun of the obligatory “We’re more appreciative of where we live” line that I was making fun of Brent & Sean for earlier.
– Takes a huge dig into the VoldeMussolinis, and insulting production for how hard they want us to like them.
– A joke about There’s Something About Mary.
– Loved DuJean’s wrapper pun as much as I did.
– The GIF chosen is Ope’s celebration accompanied by Simi’s “suck it” pose.
– Making fun of Brent & Sean for not realizing it is a NEL right away.
– Don’t diss bar shirts.
– You joke about Gino & Jesse being your enemies? I am sad.
– You could’ve said Mickey & Pete would love the trip to Amsterdam.
GORD & WAYNE
– Attempts to dissect the edit.
– Acknowledges how unpleasant the catfish task would be.
– Picturing the idea of Wayne screaming.
– “Enough crying, dammit”.
– Wayne acknowledged me.
– Episode title references a beloved Seinfeld quote of mine.
– Maritimer cred.
– Says Sean screams like a design student rather than his own daughter.
– Mocks fish slime on Gino’s head.
– Ha. Echoes Sue’s comment in Brent & Sean’s first world superiority.
– “Just check under the heading “No S–t Sherlock”. I lol’ed. Good ol’ Clay Jordan quote.
– Does get in a final Sean puking jab at the very end.
– Dropped another ‘F’ bomb
– Gord summarizes a bit too much.
– You predicted crushed chiles would not be easy? Whaaaat a prediction.
– I had to Google Whyte Avenue only to find out it’s an Edmonton thing.
– A typo.
Alright. So who won for this week?
FIRST PLACE: SUE’S REALITY CANADA
If you thought YRR were going to score their first first like Nick & Matt did during this episode, then you are mistaken.
I love the balance between giving analysis, summarizing what happened, and choosing some hilarious jokes that not even I thought of while watching (specifically the There’s Something About Mary reference).
Sue watched. Sue reviewed. I lol’d.
Bashing the VoldeMussolinis and OTT Brent & Sean editing gave her the edge for this week.
Which means the second place finisher for this week is. . .
SECOND PLACE: GORD AND WAYNE
Another strong showing. I understand interviewing eliminated contestants restricts their freedom as to what they can say just a tad, and puts them too close to the cast in general, but they did speak their mind occasionally. Whether that be positive or negative.
I appreciated the F-bomb Wayne, but it did feel forced.
Overall, solid performance.
THIRD PLACE: RHAP
The structure was extraordinarily creative, and put you in a prime position to win this week.
But the examples you used went against your assertion for the most part. TAR 6? Really?
And sadly, you praised Gino & Jesse the most out of anyone.
LAST PLACE: YRR
Remember how I said during last week’s ranking that the casual fan is slowly slipping off the couch?
Yeah, I take all of that back. The casual fan is not only back on the couch, but the ass groove on the cushion has returned to its previous form.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK NINE
GORD AND WAYNE: 30 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 29 pts
RHAP: 21 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 9 pts
Yep. I am actually going to finish this project! See you in another four months for episode 10!