Do I have to talk about the recappers twice in the same day? Ugh. Save me now.
NOTE: There are four Amazing Race Canada recap blogs that are ranked based upon arbitrary criteria. The highest scorer for each week scores four points. Second place receives three points while third place gets two points. The lowest scorer earns just one point.
STANDINGS AT THE END OF WEEK SEVEN
GORD AND WAYNE: 25 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 22 pts
RHAP: 15 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 7 pts
1) GORD AND WAYNE
– Tied in parenting to a Neil Lumsden quote.
– Discussing the Maritime connection between Brent/Sean and DuJean/Leilani.
– Mocking the VoldeMussolinis for their own double standard when it comes to following teams.
– Praising the new twists on relationships and their portrayal in TARC 3.
– Being bold enough to state Monty is better than Phil. And you know what? Allan Wu is better than Phil as well.
– Pointing out the use of libraries just like I did.
– Gord likes colours.
– Gord also points out the VoldeMussolinis’ double standard.
– Raise the Rickshaw Roof sounds like some variant of a dance move in the streets of Kolkata.
– As neat as it is to see many Canadian legs each season, we’ve seen several cities already repeated. What’s left for TARC 4, really?
For the record, I have stated that this season should cut back to 4-5 legs in Canada and everything else be international travel.
– If they watched Survivor, the “Who wants to meet their idol?” would reference the show.
– No discussion as to how quick the Roadblock should have been for everyone.
– Monty does lie about a team’s placement in a leg, Wayne. Remember what he told Simi & Ope last week?
– Wayne has an unusually high number of typos this round.
– Wayne didn’t analyze things quite as much as he usually does.
– Who is Similar & Ope, Gord?
– I wish somebody made the remark that Kolkata is the San Diego of India.
– Who Wants To Meet a Their Idol? Is that Italian?
– Brian would be wrong about all of the idols being the same if he was playing in Survivor: Cambodia.
– Ope did not shout ‘guidance’. He shouted “Jet Li”.
2) YOUR REALITY RECAPS
– “Here the only real rule is let the cows cross”.
– Dana is having an attitude regardine one of the team’s actions. This is a first. I wish it was directed towards somebody other than Brian rather than the VoldeMussolinis, but hey, at least she is startin’ somethin’.
– “Brian, stop being a super douche”.
– Isn’t Swami a title rather than a name? Now I am picturing Doggy Swami from Gilmore Girls.
– The writer is aware Simi & Ope had their best finish yet of the season.
– Stop making Brent & Sean seem more special than any other team–unless it’s the VoldeMussolinis.
– Oh my word. Brent & Sean fandom overload.
– Weird paragraph formatting.
– Still an excessive number of typos.
– A video specifically dedicated to Brent’s Roadblock performance? Geez.
– Another video for Brent & Sean?!
– Does their humour really ALWAYS make you laugh?
– Didn’t catch on that Brian was joking when he said Mucho Rapido to the driver. I’ve got a feeling Brian & Cynthia being the masters of possessing a dry sense of humour did not get communicated all season long.
– A recap long poem. How creative.
– Acknowledging TAR Canada 3 is not living up to last year’s expectations.
– Dissing Brent & Sean for helping DuJean & Leilani because of a lone word of encouragement. Surely there is more to it than that?
– Rhymed ‘Lakshmi’ with ‘Simi’
– I loled at Brian’s verses
– Wants the VoldeMussolinis to be eliminated as much as I do.
– A surprisingly amount of analysis in a recap despite it being contained entirely within rhyme.
– Better than Dalton Ross’ attempt at being creative when he blogged the fourth episode of Survivor: Nicaragua through the perspective of Jimmy T.
– I expected this to be Simi & Ope’s best leg yet. #NoWaterNoProblems
– Don’t you dare make fun of Monty’s namaste puns.
– Nah, Simi & Ope aren’t contenders. Fourth place is their best finish after eight rounds.
– Why do you have a prejudice against front-runners? You mean you would root against those like BJ & Tyler?
4) SUE’S REALITY CANADA
– Opening line is making fun of the VoldeMussolinis for assuming their Pakistani-Canadian cab would know the linguistic situation in India.
– Brent & Sean dissed as well for the reasoning of why they gave the pass to DuJean & Leilani.
– Shows off bindi knowledge.
– An “oh, snap” remark when discussing DuJean & Leilani’s failed relationship and rugged comment.
– The same Lululemon reference that I made earlier this week! Now all we need is a Christy Clark joke.
– “The VoldeMussolinis received a defective bindi.”
– “How about nama-don’t?”
– Whoa. Kama Sutra reference? I wasn’t expecting that.
– Should Brian & Cynthia be suspicious of empty bottles of water?
– “Sean looks like he is going to puke again.”
– Has DuJean really been that quiet?
– Nobody made a Hooghly River joke or Kumar joke.
– Missed out on the VoldeMussolinis’ double standard.
– Making fun of the blatant pun hashtag.
– Why does everyone forget that Monty already lied at the pit stop?
– Nobody realizes the past two winners won TARC without winning a leg before the finale. Doesn’t that make things look good for Nick & Matt?
– The mental image of Brian & Cynthia doing couples yoga is burned into my brain forever. Thanks, Sue.
FIRST PLACE: RHAP
A recap and analysis completed within the confines of a series of rhymes? Oh, and I agreed with most of the opinions this week?
RHAP, congrats on a rare victory in this competition. It took StepheMe LaGrossa approximately fifteen individual challenges before she got her first victory. You accomplished that feat in nearly half of the number of attempts.
SECOND PLACE: SUE’S REALITY CANADA
Another solid all around week for Sue. There just wasn’t that moment which put her recap over the top and into the gold medal position for this week. She just wasn’t quite as sharp as in previous weeks.
THIRD PLACE: GORD AND WAYNE
You guys got cocky. Did you really think that you are so good you feel it was no longer necessary to promote me in your blog? Is this how arrogant you were thinking you could get by on your own merits?
Well, I am here to tell you that you are wrong. Keep your egos in check next week, guys.
LAST PLACE: YOUR REALITY RECAPS
The casual fan is slowly slipping off of the couch and becoming an engaged critique with their eyes inches away from the television.
I love the new attitude too. Even if it is directed at the wrong team.
GORD AND WAYNE: 27 pts
SUE’S REALITY CANADA: 25 pts
RHAP: 19 pts
YOUR REALITY RECAPS: 8 pts
Do you believe in karma? Then click here to listen to The Amazing Race podcast which I co-host each week for YATNcast.