Previously on TAR: Hold up. No recap yet. Phil does a PSA about how this episode was filmed in Sri Lanka few weeks before a tsunami. It is dedicated to those affected by it. Now to the show. Teams went to Lalibela. Adam secured the early flight but Rebecca spilled the beans to Kris & Jon. Adam was irate. She threatened to break up yet again with Adam. Victoria cut her hand in the detour. Jonathan showed no sympathy which triggered a Kendra yell. Adam & Rebecca yielded Freddy & Kendra because Kendra was stuck on a cliff. Jonathan & Victoria misread their donkey clue. In the end they did not recover and were eliminated. Five teams remain. Who will meet an unsavoury end next?
– Intro time. Four episodes with four relatively sane couples. Will Kris & Jon finally get more airtime? They really did not benefit from so many couples being allowed to go deep into the season. We are introduced to Ethiopia. The oldest independent nation in Africa. Sadly I have a feeling that record stands at around sixty or seventy years. Lalibela is an isolated town. Will Kris & Jon continue to run a smooth race or will the pressures of the game finally break them down? Why did Phil mention Kris & Jon? That can’t be good. And will Adam & Rebecca remain competitive or will their tense relationship run them out of the race? Hayden & Aaron, who arrived first at 1:16pm will depart at 1:16am. Sign up for a charter flight that leaves thirty minutes apart to Addis Ababa. Go to the stadium once there. Aaron pronounced ‘Ababa’ like he is Jafar from Aladdin. Aaron talks about how working together and putting aside conflict can land you into first.
– Bolo is heading to ‘Adidas Ababa’ at 1:31am. He is concentrated on winning and takes a minute to read his clue correctly. There are only five teams left. Kris & Jon depart next. He mentions there are five teams left. These three teams sign up for the first charter. Freddy & Kendra have an extra drive to work to get ahead because of being yielded last leg. Adam & Rebecca depart last at 2:30am. 59 minute spread then from first to last.
REBECCA: Adam’s narcissism is affecting the team because I feel I can’t trust him to do a good job. Adam is capable more of what he thinks he is and I need him to believe in himself.
– KENDRA: I need to find a bathroom. The Ethiopian food made me sick.
TIA, Kendra. TIA. Or rather this is voluntarily poor Africa, so I guess the expression is TIVPA.
– Kendra pukes in the bathroom. Ah. She was not being overly dramatic. Kendra is experiencing stomach problems. Okay. It must have been something she ate. The yielding team and the yielded team are on the second charter alone together. The first three teams land in Addis Ababa. Hayden’s cab is first out but is passed. She thinks the driver does not know what ‘drive fast’ means. Lori & Bolo are first to the clue. Choose a pair of Ethiopian runners and do a 4×400 metre relay. The track coach will give them their next clue.
BOLO: Run like you’re being chased by a cop because I’m gonna run like the police are chasing me. I’m used to it.
Heh. Bolo is underrated for some of his quotes throughout the season. A YouTube commenter said the statement was racist because he is saying it to Black people. Yeah. That commenter did not exactly understand the context.
– Hayden & Aaron get there next. Hayden ran college track and the 4×400 was one of her events. Lori runs pretty fast. Bolo is last to go. He is halfway around the track before an Ethiopian from one of the other teams has caught him. Kris & Jon’s first runner is dispatched.
But Bolo musters the strength and wins a 200 metre head start when he daydreams of cops chasing him.
– Hayden obsesses about taking the inside lane. She crushes Kris on the track. Lori reads the clue. She says they must fly to the city of ‘Columbia’ and go to the city of Gall. By ‘Columbia’ she means ‘Colombo’. In Colombo they will take a train to Gall and hire a Tuk-Tuk to go to a fort.
– Hayden & Aaron finish task. They both smoked Kris & Jon. Kris & Jon are done and say it has been a while since they’ve ran track. Excuses, excuses. Just say Hayden & Aaron beat you fair and square. Second charter lands. Kendra has to use the bathroom before they catch a cab. Adam & Rebecca are well ahead in fourth. When I have stomach problems the first thing I would do is run 400 metres. Lori & Bolo are first to airport. They are on a 2:30pm flight. Kris & Jon’s cab passes Hayden & Aaron. Hayden & Aaron talk about how much they would love to see Kris & Jon be eliminated from the race.
– Kendra runs and said she did it like an 80 year old woman. Freddy is out of breath. Kris & Jon and Hayden & Aaron are on the 2:30pm flight. Freddy’s cab drives the wrong way despite just having driven them from the airport. To be fair I’d be confused too if a couple would return to the airport within thirty minutes of getting to Addis Ababa. Adam & Rebecca are on the flight too. Suspense is built whether Freddy & Kendra make the flight.
FREDDY: I give you five you give me ten.
DRIVER: That is not fair.
FREDDY: Yeah it is. You were making out like a bandit. You were doing good and you know it.
Holy crap. Did Freddy tip a cab driver? An AFRICAN cab driver? TA-DAAAAA! Freddy is balancing out the red in his ledger with cab drivers. This makes up for two stiffed Senegalese drivers, right? Kendra probably thought they were giving the cab driver more money than he has the chance to make in a year.
– Freddy & Kendra are on the flight to no surprise. Everyone is on the same flight. They would have been smarter to walk around the racetrack and conserve their energy. Oh well. Teams are already in Sri Lanka. Cabs race off to the train station. Ten bucks says the route marker does not open. Hayden & Aaron is scared because cars are coming in their direction. Wrong side of the road. Isn’t that a good driver? Adam & Rebecca were last to find a cab. It did not help that the cab driver is the slowest of all five.
In about .2 seconds I bet you can guess who said this.
KENDRA: I’m just trying to hold it together.
– Kris comments how gorgeous it is with the elephants on the street. India soundtrack plays. Hayden & Aaron, Lori & Bolo, and Freddy & Kendra are at the train station. Four teams get on the 730am train. Everyone whines about how there is nowhere to stand. It’s the filthiest train Freddy has been on. It also happens to be the only train Freddy has been on. Kendra needs to find a bathroom before she pukes.
You guys do know that standing on public transportation that travels up to 100 kilometres and are over an hour long are first world problems too right? Do I have to recite my stories of taking a 90 minute bus ride to campus with thirty of us standing together with our massive backpacks on? Geez.
– Jon does not lower himself to the other teams and says ‘it will be interesting’. Adam & Rebecca miss it and are on the 9:00am. They head to the platform. Adam announces that it is 7:30am. So they missed it by like a minute or two. They wonder why there is such a huge gap. So Rebecca asks a local.
Backpacks and everything. Everything including the audio and camera crew.
Adam is pissed. But how can you be angry with that sparkling white smile? C’mon Adam. Isn’t the fellow charming?
– ADAM: Rebecca, you know how far behind we are? They all left!
REBECCA: Why are you yelling at me?
ADAM: Because I’m pissed! We just lost the whole game!
He throws his backpack down and paces back and forth. Rebecca looks away. Did the charming smile not indicate to you that there is a 95.6% chance that there will be an equalizer? Commercial. It resumes.
ADAM: How did we miss it if we were right behind them!
REBECCA: What would you like me to do?
Sounds like a customer service rep. Would Adam like Rebecca to patch him through to the manager?
ADAM: I don’t know! Let’s go figure out something to do! I don’t want to sit here for an hour and twenty minutes!
REBECCA (sighs): Let’s go.
ADAM: I don’t want to sit here.
ADAM: I wanna go back to the airport or something!
REBECCA: We don’t have money to keep going back and forth to the airport.
ADAM: No we don’t need to go back and forth. Go to the airport and leave.
The locals watch Hellboy lose it in Sri Lanka and fear for the worst. Rebecca is concerned as to what the bleep Adam is insisting to go back to the airport and sit there.
ADAM: Leave! I don’t want to be here! I want to leave!
REBECCA: Alright let’s get a cab and get out of here. Taxi! We want to go to the airport because he wants to go home! Okay! Let’s do it! Fly home!
ADAM: You wanna take a three hour train ride?
REBECCA: Let’s give up! That’s a great idea!
Rebecca’s sarcastic clapping and encouragement from across the entrance is great.
The tables have turned, Mr. Hellboy. Don’t you see how stupid you have looked for ten episodes?
REBECCA: Any other suggestions? I’m down for whatever.
ADAM: I suggest you stop talking right now.
REBECCA: That’s an easy one.
– The train is in Galle. Everyone crams into a Tuk-Tuk. I did not think it could fit four passengers and four backpacks. Everyone comments on the wildness of a three-wheel Tuk-Tuk. Aaron wants one of his own to bring home. Lori & Bolo are first to clue box. Detour time. Tree Trunks or Elephant Trunks. In Tree Trunks, teams travel two miles by Tuk-Tuk to coconut plantation. Each teammember must climb fifty feet to the top of a coconut tree and traverse the rope walkway to pick up a jug of coconut sap used for making local liquor. When both members have done this and fill the container with the sap they will be given their next clue. In Elephant Trunks teams travel 2 1/2 miles by Tuk-Tuk to an elephant polo field. Here they will get on an elephant one at a time and ride the elephant down the course while dribbling a ball with a polo mat. They will go through a couple of lanes and shoot it at the goal. Once both players have done this they will receive their next clue.
– Adam whines more. Rebecca cries because she is exhausted and Adam whining is not helping. She dumps him for the fourth time this season. I could transcribe this for you as well but I think you get the idea at this point. He tries to say he is exhausted too and goes in for a hug but Rebecca requests him to back away into his seat.
Hellboy is plotting when to strike. No one dares to push away this Mama’s Boy!
– Lori & Bolo are climbing the trees because they both climbed trees when they were younger. Freddy & Kendra are following the Tian & Jaree route and are riding the elephants because it will be the only chance they have to do so in their lives. Hayden is afraid of heights but is climbing the tree. Kris & Jon are doing fine. Jon is first to grab a jug. Freddy & Kendra say it is a million times more fun than climbing a tree. Lori & Bolo make a comment that Kris & Jon are their biggest competition. They are the last remaining team to make a comment about Kris & Jon being threats. Supposedly this is the mammoth team.
– Lori is exhausted and is scooting across the rope on her butt.
That’s going to cost some time.
– Kris & Jon are done the detour. They fill up the container. They must travel by bus more than seventy miles to Kandy and find the Kandy Art Association. They will receive an offering that they must take to a nearby temple and put it into a tomb to receive their next clue from a monk.
– Hayden is fearing that the rope will break. She screams a million times that she does not think she can do it. Lori is finally down. Aaron has to instruct Hayden to not freak out. She gets to the bottom and is sobbing. Freddy is done the lap but Kendra has to go. They do not seem too much further behind the teams who are climbing trees. Adam & Rebecca’s train arrives in Galle. Rebecca says if not giving up means to pretend to be Adam’s girlfriend then so be it. Adam says neither of them will give up contrary to train track jumping and ferry diving threats.
– Kris & Jon line up on the queue of Kandy buses. Equalizer coming up? But we only have fifteen minutes left in the episode. I will flip off my TV screen if that is not the case.
– Lori & Bolo are done. Lori shouts at Bolo for turning too much on the ropes. Bolo defends by saying that she could have done it faster if she was Ms. Perfect. Hayden & Aaron are done the detour. They think it’s faster than riding the elephant.
I agree. That is a huge field for two people to do separately with an elephant that walks at an excruciatingly slow pace. Kendra is done the detour. Adam & Rebecca find the clue box and Rebecca convinces Adam to do the ropes. His fear of heights should be entertaining.
– Kris & Jon are frustrated by doing all of this hard work only to have two other teams catch up. It could have been worse based on the trends for this season. I am surprised both Freddy & Kendra and Adam & Rebecca are not on the bus. You should be grateful, Kris.
– Want to see a quote taken out of context:
ADAM: For thinking I could climb up that.
It is the only time Rebecca would ever be called crazy when she is in the same room with Adam. I guarantee it.
– Rebecca goes up first. Adam says it is like a cute little monkey up there. He is just trying not to cry when he goes up.
REBECCA: Adam listen to me. It’s really easy. Just hold on with one hand make sure you have a good grip at all times.
In a twist of fate, Adam is handed a technique that he is likely familiar with from all the years spent living alone at his parents.
– Freddy & Kendra scramble onto the second bus. It departs. Adam does the task no problem. Rebecca cheered him on the whole time. They are shown two seconds later on the third bus. Rebecca assumes her and Adam will be eliminated.
– The three teams arrive in Kandy. It’s broad daylight. They see the building and run to it.
Yeah. All three teams are as pissed as I am. Adam & Rebecca are saved and Rebecca has the potential to break up with him three more times. Freddy & Kendra are there not much later.
– FREDDY: What time does it open?
So the teams all got there at around five o’ clock? Could you make your intentions a lot less obvious next time, production? This wasn’t even like a bus or train that put everyone together. It was a building that shut down at 4pm in the afternoon with only a roadblock to go. Adam & Rebecca get there at 8pm. She is guessing that no one got there before four o’ clock.
– Phil does a voiceover to tell us that teams are waiting until 830am to purchase a bowl of rice and take it to a monk across the street at the Temple of Doom. Sounds like something from a MMORPG. The pot of rice costs each team 729 rupees. Oh. It’s Temple of Tooth not Temple of Doom. Heh. I am mildly amused.
– Lori & Bolo are first inside and a monk ties a bracelet to their wrists and is chanting a blessing. They receive the clue. Take a bus to the town of Dambulla then take a Tuk-Tuk to the ancient city of Sigiriya and find Lion Rock. Freddy & Kendra are next. Followed by Adam & Rebecca who launch from 5th to 3rd for no reason. Hayden & Aaron are fourth. Jon takes the time to express him and Kris are religious and cherish the ceremony but simultaneously have to juggle with concentrating on finding the next clue. From first to last by dumb luck. A couple Tuk-Tuks pass Hayden & Aaron. This angers Hayden. Kris & Jon get into a Tuk-Tuk before them.
HAYDEN: Aaron, we should’ve arranged those.
AARON: Hayden, I’m sick of your b—ing. Be quiet.
This shuts Hayden up. Aaron was firm and monotone with his request. An underrated exchange.
– Freddy & Kendra are about to board the bus but ask if it is the fastest bus. Good luck getting a straight answer from the locals. All five teams are on the same bus. A late episode showdown is about to commence. Interesting. Kris & Jon get into a Tuk-Tuk and drives fast enough to lose all surrounding teams. Adam & Rebecca then Lori & Bolo then Freddy & Kendra then Hayden & Aaron follow. We are given several seconds of road chase. Lori & Bolo’s Tuk manoeuvres into second. Adam tells the driver everyone is passing them. The driver pulls into a gas station to buy gas regardless of being in last place. Commercial.
– Adam & Rebecca insist they will be the last team in Sigiriya. Luckily an equalizer failed to work its magic for once. Rebecca yells at the driver to move faster while Adam whines at the drover to move faster. Jon buys tickets at the main entrance before finding the clue. Roadblock time. “Who’s got strong legs and keen eyes?”
– In this roadblock one person has to climb over a thousand steps to the summit of Pride Rock–I mean Lion Rock. Once at the top, 600 feet above the ground, they must use binoculars to search for a red and yellow flag.
Like so. You can see that from six hundred feet above the ground right? Once they find it they must re-join their partner at the base, get into a Tuk-Tuk, find the place, then run the length of the swimming pool and check into the pit stop. Last team to check in may be eliminated. Jon takes the ticket and Kris tells him to do the roadblock. From the bus to the pit stop is likely around forty-five minutes total I would guess. Producers could have flat out told us that they wanted a swimming race.
– Lori & Bolo, Hayden & Aaron, and Freddy & Kendra pile into a location that is not Lion Rock. They yell at the locals to figure it out. The three teams are driving in the reverse direction of Adam & Rebecca. They are bright enough to turn around and follow them. Everyone has bought tickets. Jon gives his ticket and runs up the steps. Lori is doing the roadblock and takes off for the stairs. Aaron and Adam are doing it as well. They both specifically mention that they are taking their tickets. Jon talks about how the adrenaline gets him through these tasks.
– Freddy bypasses people on the stairs as he walks on the ledge to gain an extra few seconds. He comes back down early enough to get his ticket from Kendra. She turns to the others.
KENDRA: Is that your ticket?
KENDRA: Lori’s and yours? She doesn’t have her own?
Did you read the fine print? This is probably why your pro wrestling contract is so crappy.
BOLO: Oh. . .Man!
So whatcha gonna do, brother? Everybody’s got a ticket, that everybody had to pay, and the Sirigiryan tourist officials ALWAYS get their way! It’s all about the readin’! Who’s the bad guy? The most electrifying reading comprehension screw-up in TAR entertainment!
KRIS: It always comes down to details.
– Lori is stuck begging the guy at the desk that she dropped it. The guy at the desk refuses her passage. Adam and Aaron both pass Lori. She pours all the charm she can and promises to show it to them when she comes back down. Still no. We see her shouting at Bolo to bring her the f—ing ticket. Bolo asks her to run towards him. She yells at him some more. Bolo says they both didn’t read the clue but Lori says it was his job to read the additional information.
Rest. . .In. . .Peace.
– Freddy stops on the steps to catch his breath. Aaron literally walks two steps without his binoculars and sees the clue. He must have the best eyes of anyone to ever be on TAR. I can think back to Lenny on the Eiffel Tower coming all the way down telling Karyn that the pit stop is the Notre Dame only to find out an hour later that he was wrong and had to go all the way up the tower. Lennyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
– Kris sits Bolo down and tells him he needs to think positive thoughts. She tells him Lori will be fine. As viewers we know Lori is fine. It’s Bolo that we’re worried about. Jon is back down and he leaves with Kris in the Tuk-Tuk.
– Adam succeeds with the binoculars. Freddy puts the binoculars on top of the glasses and sees it too. They begin the trek down. Kris & Jon get to the pool and swim the length of it before getting out and landing on the mat. Sunny Caribbean is their prize? Nope. Romantic Europe. They are more excited about the prize than the first place finish. Of course they would because an equalizer will occur several points next round.
– Lori snags a binocular. She finds it and is casually walking down. Aaron re-joins Hayden. He draws a map for the cab.
Rectangle, you know? He knows! Let’s go! If only that were the exchange.
– Freddy the non-fitness buff passes Adam on the steps. They are third and fourth respectively. Rebecca requests the Tuk-Tuk to follow Freddy & Kendra. Where does Freddy attribute his ability to pass Adam on the steps to?
You mean you just figured it out?
– Lori & Bolo are re-united and get into the Tuk-Tuk. Bolo tells Lori it may be a non-elimination. Can they catch up?
Who knew this would happen when equalizers occurred all the way to the roadblock route marker. Second, third, and fourth check in within a 45 second span. No joke. The Mat Chat bonus videos online will be really short this week.
– Lori & Bolo check in last place. They are eliminated. First reaction?
LORI: I’m angry because he hands me the freakin’ information and said ‘run up the hill’ without reading the additional information.
BOLO: Well you can read too.
PHIL: I know she’s angry with you but I bet you have some good things to say about her.
BOLO: She’s one of the strongest women you’ll ever meet.
Confessional from Lori about how Bolo is the love of her life and that he’s a challenge and is something to work with. The end. A two minute error that occurs at the end of the leg despite Adam & Rebecca always being hours behind is what costs you the race.
Next time on TAR: Wait. Relief agencies are coming to the aid of those directly impacted by the tsunami. Wonderful. Hayden does some heavy lifting. Kendra goes over the edge. And Kris & Jon get taken for a ride.
12th Debra & Steve 12.0
12th Gina & Sylvia 12.0
11th Team Seinfeld/Avi & Joe 11.0
11th Dennis & Erika 11.0
11th Deidre & Hilary 11.0
11th Matt & Ana 11.0
9th Peggy & Claire 9.0
10th Meredith & Maria 9.0
10th Dennis & Andrew 9.0 FF
10th Russell & Cindy 8.33
8th Don & Mary Jean 8.2
10th Kim & Leslie 8.0
9th Jim & Marsha 7.33
8th Dave & Margaretta 7.0
9th Lena & Kristy 7.0
10th Hope & Norm 7.0
6th Lenny & Karyn 6.43
7th Paul & Amie 6.2
8th Steve & Dave 6.2 FF
11th Amanda & Chris 6.0
6th Andre & Damon 5.86
5th Kami & Karli 5.8
8th Michael & Kathy 5.8
7th Cyndi & Russell 5.8
9th Heather & Eve 5.75
5th Nancy & Emily 5.67
10th Alison & Donny 5.5
6th Tian & Jaree 5.43 FF
7th Monica & Sheree 5.33 FF
7th Marshall & Lance 5.33
7th Gus & Hera 5.29
8th Bob & Joyce 5.25
7th Silver & Gold 5.17
9th Steve & Josh 5.0 – FF
9th Pat & Brenda 5.0 – FF
5th John Vito & Jill 4.8 – FF
5th Lori & Bolo 4.6 – FF
2nd Teri & Ian 4.53 – FF
8th Shola & Doyin 4.25 – FF
4th Linda & Karen 4.17
6th Mary & Peach 4.14 (Two failed FF attempts.)
3rd David & Jeff 4.00 – FF
4th Oswald & Danny 4.00 – FF
5th Gary & Dave 3.89 – FF
2nd Kelly & Jon 3.85
4th Jon & Al 3.73
6th Charla & Mirna 3.71
3rd Blake & Paige 3.69 – FF
5th Millie & Chuck 3.67 FF
6th Jonathan & Victoria 3.56
1st Chris & Alex 3.38 – FF
1st Chip & Kim 3.38
4th Kevin & Drew 3.36 – FF
3rd Brandon & Nicole 3.31
1st Reichen & DK 3.15 – FF
4th Derek & Drew 3.10 – FF
3rd Joe & Bill 2.76 – FF
2nd Tara & Wil 2.53 – FF
1st Flo & Zach 2.69 – FF
3rd Ken & Gerard 2.69 – FF
2nd Colin & Christie 2.54 – FF
1st Rob & Brennan – 2.46 FF
2nd Frank & Margarita 2.38 – FF
Rank The Teams
7) Meredith & Maria
Neither of them could drive a stick. Neither of them could follow directions. Neither of them could do any of the tasks well. The out of shape 70 year olds beat them in a physical task. They are good people, but production loses marks for not catching on that this team is incapable of doing virtually any tasks on the Race. Why cast them if you know they will need a miracle or an insane number of equalizers to survive each round?
6) Don & Mary Jean
They earn points for refusing to beg money from locals. They stole cars. They misread clues. They could not find clues. Don was spontaneous and puked in the water to catch fish. I guess they weren’t too bland for the token old couple. Their record of not finishing better than eighth after five legs will not be beat.
5) Gus & Hera
The minor leagues version of Gus & Hera. Gus views his daughter as being a child. Evidently that changes throughout the course of the race. Gus calls everyone a pain in the a–. He forms a secret alliance that lasts only one round. He cries in Senegal. Gus yells at Hera the first few legs and refuses to do any detour options that are fun. However it is funny to watch him run. I’d like to see him, Kendra, Flo, and Marshall in a foot race together. This team is solid enough to be cast. They should have been the bottom of the talent pool, though. This season however featured many that were worse than them.
4) Avi & Joe
They looked exactly like characters from Seinfeld. Avi had the potential to be one of the most polarizing players in TAR history. It is about as good cop/bad cop as a team could ever get in TAR. I must say it really was too bad that these two went home so early. Avi taunted at teams as he passed them in a car and Joe was a ‘nice guy’ to the others. We will forever question how their storyline would have played out if it wasn’t for a late leg error.
3) Lena & Kristy
They are the only all-female team in the past couple seasons to not talk about the ‘we need a female team to win!!!!1111oneoneone’ crap. Therefore, that alone made me be fans of theirs. They screwed up in the first couple legs but ran a nearly flawless third leg. However it was the same leg when production made its most poorly thought out roadblock in the history of TAR. I wish they would have let Lena find a clue before going onto the course and eliminating them. At least give her that satisfaction.
2) Lori & Bolo
Married professional wrestlers? What a hoot. They were nice racers who happened to have the ability to trash talk each other in a fashion that is humourous. They entertained other racers by having a match on a glacier in Iceland. Jonathan gets called out for shoving but Lori clothesline’s her husband and Bolo body slams his wife without any criticism met by the audience. These two are one of the few teams I give a nod to on this season. They were great.
1) Jonathan & Victoria
The judges declare this a no contest. Imagine how crappy of season TAR 6 is. Now remove Jonathan & Victoria from the first nine episodes. Would there be a single good thing memorable about the season without them? Nope.
Rank the Legs
1) Goree Island -> Berlin (In a leg where slavery and the Holocaust are memorialized, Kendra calls for a genocide of “Ghetto Africa” and Jonathan shoves his wife. This episode is perhaps the single most important episode to why TAR survived being taken off the air.)
2) Corsica -> Lalibela (One of the least infuriating legs of the season. Yeah there was an equalizer at the ferry and yes it gave Hayden & Aaron plenty of time to render the non-elimination moot. The rest of the episode went smoothly. Kendra’s asthma, Adam and Lori’s eyes for details, Adam & Rebecca’s hoodie pulling, and Jonathan being eliminated from the race literally because of an a– is a great completion to his and Victoria’s storyline.)
3) Reykavik -> Voss (I s’pose it was okay. There were a couple equalizers but at least they drove themselves all leg. Jonathan & Victoria carry this episode from start to finish with their antics. Adam’s ridiculousness persists with doing the roadblock, lost sunglasses, and jumping on train tracks. A pit stop penalty and old people stealing cars makes it a memorable one.
4) Chicago -> Reykavik (Errors, errors everywhere and not a team running flawless. This two hour premiere featured a secret alliance where two of the teams in the alliance finished tenth and eleventh. Nothing original as several equalizers occur and tasks are modeled after TAR 3, 4, and 5. It was okay I guess?
5) Budapest -> Corsica (An equalizer followed by a good battle for flights followed by. . .ANOTHER EQUALIZER! This season smokes the first five seasons for the equalizer record. The only reason why this leg is so high is because of how the tasks were so inspired by such a tiny place. Seeing Rebecca & Adam go from being romantically involved at the start of the race to being a mother-son duo in episode eight is great. Kris’ Lucy face is memorable as well as Jonathan being a major hypocrite and useless at nearly every task this round.)
6) Lalibela -> Sirigiya (Late equalizers really drag down the quality of this leg. A break from Jonathan & Victoria’s screaming did make this leg more refreshing than a country that chooses to be poor. Elephant polo and three teams being set up to swim the length of a pool simultaneously are highlights. The episode was an equalizer or two less away from being at the top of the rankings. Rebecca puts Operation Pretend Boyfriend into effect.)
7) Stockholm -> Dakar (Taking mactors out of their comfort zone is always fun. The only episode where Jonathan comes off as the best cast member in an environment. His adventures with Ejal, Adam whining as he digs up salt, and Don puking into the water was fun. What wasn’t fun were the high number of equalizers and Kendra becoming the absolute least tolerant contestant out of all 114 people to run the race course. This leg would hold the record for earliest non-elimination for a really long time. It is for a good reason because all it did was keep a crappy team in longer.)
8) Budapest -> Budapest (First route marker opens at 10pm. Following route marker opens at 10am. The team that was twelve hours behind is in a position to be in first and win the Fast Forward. Detour appears to take about ten minutes total. Freddy and Hera run into a gate that leads to Freddy freaking out. We see Freddy eat his own puke while other racers endure spicy food and one of the kookiest musical bands I have heard in my life. I s’pose those were the best parts. The equalizers, Gus & Hera’s unexplained elimination, and an unnecessary train brawl results in this leg being annoying.)
9) Berlin -> Budapest or Eger depending on which team you are (Trivants, Jonathan being a superhero, and Jonathan being kicked out of a cab. Jonathan carries a lone cannonball, sweet talks a cop, and attacks Gus & Hera. Oh, and a million equalizers including the first ever To Be Continued leg. What a God Awful twist. -_- )
10) Voss -> Stockholm (F— you producers. Worst episode of all time.)