– There’s a couple things I’d like to address about the previous episode.
1) Phil saying that one line: “Jonathan, I think you should probably go talk to Victoria” was a huge event for its time. It is perhaps the only time we have heard Phil deviate from ‘You are team number ___,’ ‘You have been eliminated from the race,’ or ‘talk about how much your partner means to you’. It is the equivalent to Jeff Probst having a personality for the first time during the Attack Zone challenge in Survivor: Thailand. For Jeff, Robb choking Clay gave him vocal cords and for Phil “The Shove” allowed him to deviate from Chenbot-like robotics every once in a while. Keoghan begins slipping down the slope and being a well-known figure for the show.
2) I think people overreacted to The Shove. I never really stated my own opinion last post but I will say there was an overreaction. Both Jonathan and Victoria have hit each other multiple times during the race and slap each other around. However the couple had so much attention and the dramatics of their pit stop entrance was so magnified that something which occupied .4 seconds on our TV screen leads to the general public reading waaaaay too much into the situation. That’s all I really have to say.
– Previously on TAR: Teams went from Dakar to Berlin. Gus cried. Bolo fought with Hayden when she tried to book tickets for Freddy. Victoria wanted to carry Jonathan’s bag to the pit stop which cost them a first place finish and sent Jonathan into a rage. Don & Mary Jean got lost at a crucial route marker and were at long last eliminated.
– Intro time. Just realized last leg talked about sausage more than the movie Freddy Got Fingered. Whish I came up with that pun when it was still relevant.
– We are introduced with Berlin. History of political and social turmoil. Historical turmoil Phil? Did something big happen there? Will Jonathan & Victoria be able to come together and focus on the race?
Because when push comes to SHOVE, they SHOVE together. Bahahahahahahahaha.
– And will Lori & Bolo fight their way out of last place? At 2:55am, Freddy & Kendra are instructed to find Checkpoint Charlie. It is the infamous border crossing of the old Berlin Wall.
KENDRA: Let’s go to the hotel.
FREDDY: Why would we go back to the hotel?
KENDRA: To do some research.
FREDDY: Let’s go to Checkpoint Charlie.
My question would have been ‘what do you want to research’? Like do a sixth grade research project and present it to the rest of the class?
– Jonathan & Victoria leave next. Victoria does not like anybody screaming at her but that’s Jon. And now people are going to say she’s a typical abused spouse. -_- Have the viewers not observed that both of them are very intense and physical people? Yeesh.
– Hayden & Aaron leave next. Aaron says Hayden can be psycho sometimes. They get a cab. Freddy 7 Kendra find Checkpoint Charlie. Next route marker is at Olympic Stadium which hosted the 1936 Olympics. Kris says her and Jon are alike. Gus & Hera feel good about being in fifth and do not feel it is necessary to rush. They walk to Checkpoint Charlie as well as Adam & Rebecca.
REBECCA: My opinion of Adam has changed. He is just stubborn and spoiled. I think it’s better if we’re not romantically involved.
Oh the things you learn on the race. Also, Rebecca will swing to dating women.
– Jonathan finds the clue. He reads to put up their name on the sign-up board. Hayden gets the clue and nearly gets run over by a car. Checkpoint Charlie is infamous after all. Lori & Bolo depart in last at 4:30am. That’s a ninety minute spread from first to last. Lori is impressed how well they are working together and believes they can win.
– VICTORIA (whining): Please go. It’s a green light, can you go?
VICTORIA: Sigh. Okay.
Jonathan is unable to tell from green and red and so has Victoria. I am surprised the race has allowed them to drive their own marked car.
– REBECCA: Is Charlie a name for Gestappo?
Checkpoint Charlie was the COLD WAR, Rebecca. Not World War II. Love the effort though.
– Freddy & Kendra sign up. Hours of operation are 6am to 5pm. Kendra begs to do research. Freddy asks what research she wants to do when they do not know their next route marker.
FREDDY: We don’t know where we’re going. What research do you want to do?
KENDRA: We’re sitting here doing nothing for 2 1/2 hours!
FREDDY: You need to calm down.
KENDRA: You need to calm down, Fred, I’m not gonna take this.
Is this TAR or an episode of The Flintstones? Kendra’s voice is identical to Wilma’s. Listen to the clip. Freddy needs to go bowling and we’d be set.
– Hayden & Aaron find the sign-up board before Jonathan & Victoria. Jonathan writes ‘JONATHAN BAKER’ across the board. Victoria asks why her name is not up there and asks if she is apart of the team. He erases ‘Baker’ and puts up ‘Victoria’. They argue in the car about how Jonathan wanted to discreetly tell her about the sign-up board. I wish there was a good shot of him writing ‘Jonathan Baker’.
– Aaron and others mock Jonathan & Victoria. They suggest counseling. Jonathan asks when Victoria is going to carry her own weight. Last leg she literally carried her weight and Jon’s weight to the pit stop before a shove-a-roo. So that question is invalid.
– Roadblock time. Each person will do a Hot Rocket Bungee. They’ll strap themselves into a contraption and fly 200 feet into the air. Kendra, Victoria, Hera, Rebecca, Kris, Hayden, and Lori are all doing the roadblock.
ADAM: I could do this one.
REBECCA: You’re not doing this one, pussy boy.
– Kendra was on the ground complaining that she is dizzy and sick. She is up two seconds later. Proceed to Budapest, Hungary. Get into a notoriously unreliable car called a Travant. Phil informs us of the rule that if a car breaks down through no fault of the team that a replacement car will be given without a time credit for the unlucky situation. In their Trivant they will drive to the town of Eger and find ‘this castle’. They catch a cab and head to airport. Aaron describes her as a fish being caught.
– Jonathan looks more exhilarated than Victoria doing the roadblock as he jumps wildly. He calls her a superhero. Freddy & Kendra are at the airport and buy tickets at Malev Airlines. The counter is closed but find a different ticketing office. Kris completes it. Gus hates seeing his kids take physical risks.
Someone was bored as they waited between hot rocket flights.
– Rock music plays as Rebecca twists in the hot rocket. Lori & Bolo finish. I am curious how long it is between hot rockets. The flight Freddy & Kendra and Hayden & Aaron are on arrives at 11:05am. Jonathan & Victoria get there too. Kris & Jon think going to Lufthansa will be smarter. Gus & Hera go to the travel agent as opposed to the airline counter. The travel agent is faster because Gus & Hera get on the 11:05am flight while Jonathan & Victoria are told that the seats have suddenly disappeared. In episode six we have our first fight for flights. It took half a dang season but we’re there.
– Lufthansa is not to their advantage. Air Berlin has a 12:10pm flight that all the other teams get on. Victoria points out that Gus & Hera on the flight. They are both pissed because they were behind them and question the airlines what happened. They plead and plead and plead. Lori & Bolo get to the airport and get on an even later 12:20pm flight. Jonathan goes over to a counter and tells them he waited all day and slams a pamphlet onto their desk telling them they are the reason he lost the race.
– The teams find the Trivants. Gus is confident a lot of teams will break down.
Gus may be an expert pilot but that won’t mean Jack if he cannot get his butt into the car. Freddy finds it hilarious. Kris compares it to a clown car. Hayden is freaking out and unable to drive it. She has driven every leg thus far because maps scare her. We see Freddy describing how the gears are on the steering column. He figures it out and begins to drive away. Hayden is out of her car and standing as she sees Freddy drive away. Kendra thinks they should hurry. Freddy notices something is wrong. He drives back and jumps into Hayden’s car. His diagnosis is that the battery is dead then goes back to his own car and drives away.
– Kendra speaks about how they are in an alliance but cannot wait forever and risk that they get kicked out too. Hayden asks what they are going to do next. Aaron decides his next course of action is to punch a post in the parking lot. How does that work out for him?
Looks like somebody needs an equalizer to get that bandaged up.
Aaron casually replies that they need a mechanic. He is so casual that you would never know he split his pinky open punching a post.
– Gus refuses to speed given the condition of the car. Freddy has no problem driving 120 (kilometres I hope) on the highway. Gus & Hera were lost for a moment so Freddy’s Trivant is leading the pack. Mechanic comes out to test Hayden’s car and agrees it is a dead battery. He tells production to give them a new car. Aaron is the driver. So what’s Hayden gonna do?
– 1210pm flight lands. Adam says all of the Trivants look like crap. Kris calls them Herbys (shows you it is 2004, eh?), and Jonathan gets in the car knowing he’s last.
– REBECCA: You’re in zero gear.
ADAM: Rebecca, quiet please.
Quiet. Zero gear is just fine. Don him with a pair of sunglasses and set of train tracks and your driver will take on a ride. In zeroeth gear. Jonathan is busy closing the trunk on Victoria’s hands as she puts her bags in.
The Finger Scrunch. How much media attention will this incident get?
– JONATHAN: I’m really good at cars. I know where the clutch is. This is nothing.
Either Jonathan says random thoughts or that is a highly edited confessional. Ten bucks says that Trivant dies.
– Kris & Jon are on the road. Adam is still in the parking lot. Rebecca instructs Adam like she is his Driver’s Ed teacher. She tells him where the gas and clutch are. Lori & Bolo’s flight lands. They see Adam & Rebecca in the parking lot. Adam solves it but is unable to keep it in the same gear. The car is smoking. Literally. Not smoking like an awesome adjective in The Mask.
AARON: Do you know where we’re at?
HAYDEN: Baby, don’t you know I am retarded with directions?
If this were 2012, Hayden’s response would be aired on The View and subjected to scrutiny.
– VICTORIA: Turn the air on.
JONATHAN: There is no air!
VICTORIA: I’M JUST TEASING, GOD! HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR!
That joke went over well.
– Aaron asks Hayden if it’s the exit. She doesn’t know. Two seconds after they drive by it she or Aaron figures out that it was indeed the right exit. They now await for a spot to where they can U-Turn (no, not that U-Turn. Like an actual U-Turn.)
– Freddy & Kendra are at the castle. Detour time. Catapult Crash or Cannonball Run. In Catapult Crash, teams must launch a watermelon 150 feet to smash a small hidden wooden crate. Once it breaks they can take the clue hidden inside. In Cannonball Run, teams must push a cannon up the hill to the courtyard as well as fifty-five 4-pound cannonballs to the same courtyard. They must stack these cannonballs in a pyramid shape. Once both of these objectives are met, they will be awarded their next clue. Freddy & Kendra do cannonballs. Freddy insists for Kendra to push the cannon. She whines at him telling him to not speak to her like that. What tone did he use? He just wants you to push.
– Gus wants to fire the watermelon. So they do.
– Jonathan & Victoria are pulled over by police officers. This should be fun. Oh wait. No incident occurs. Not a shove, push, or tug. The officer tells Jonathan he did not have his lights on. Jonathan apologizes and asks if they will take him to the Eger Castle. The officers oblige and Victoria praises Jonathan for sweet talking the cops. Aaron is forced to pull out a gigantic map in front of the steering wheel because Hayden is unable to read maps. Inability to read maps and inability to drive a Trivant is rather disruptive to a team. Now Aaron knows how Zach feels.
– Cops finish directing Jonathan to the castle.
JONATHAN: That was amazing, amazing. The things I can do.
– Aaron has successfully directed himself to Eger. Rebecca is concerned that the car is ready to blow up. Bolo asks for directions. Freddy bunches the cannonballs in his shirt. Kendra carries like five. They complete the task. Next route marker is the Net Klub Internet Cafe. Head into the cafe and use a wireless centrino laptop and log into their AOL Mail. I think TAR just combined three sponsours into one route marker. AOL. Will the next route marker involve Netscape? They get to the train already. Train leaves at 4:25pm.
– Gus & Hera switch detours because they can’t fire a melon. Adam’s car has blown up and they are on the side of the road.
Well you see the problem here is. . .well. . .Hmmm. . .What are these cars called again? Trivants? Uhhh.
– Lori & Bolo are in downtown Budapest asking for further directions. Adam & Rebecca are on the side of the road.
Who knew Rebecca would be the one flagging down cars and Adam would be out of sight. I s’pose a guy with Hellboy hair horns would cause traffic to drive away from him as opposed to helping him. Rebecca also appears ready to wave the black and white checkered flag like she is in Super Off Road. The grey trivant wins while the yellow trivant is stuck at the starting line.
– A guy pulls over and according to Rebecca performs a ‘voodoo spell’ on the car. Rebecca insists she will be driving the car. The first time she is in the driver’s seat. Adam tells her she is king of the game today. No idea what that role entails. Jon breaks down on the side of the road.
– Freddy & Kendra ride alone on the train. Gus accidentally runs the cannon over Hera’s toe. Jonathan & Victoria arrive at the detour. They are pushing cannons.
VICTORIA: Stop Jon I can’t do this. You gotta be the man right now and do the front.
JONATHAN: Then you be the woman and be quiet then.
– They see Gus & Hera at the detour. Jonathan is still pissed off about the ‘stolen flight’. Jonathan follows Gus & Hera for a few steps saying Gus took their seats on the plane.
Gus has made his response clear. I love how Gus is so beyond the petty arguments that he does not even entertain engaging in a discussion with Jonathan. Jonathan finishes the cannon part. He passes Gus carrying cannonballs and further enquiries why Gus stole ‘his flight’. There is silence until Gus goes on to call his episode one target ‘a pain in the a–’.
– Kris & Jon are stuck on the road. A Hungarian yells an obscenity at them. Kris knows what it means but the audience is left wondering this unresolved mystery.
When all else fails, the only option left for Jon is to power the car Flintstones style. We go from Kendra turning into Wilma and now a car being powered by feet on the ground. What a bizarre leg.
– Gus has his shirt off for the third or fourth episode. That same ol shirt is really sweaty. They find the train station. Next one departs at 5:18pm. Jonathan & Victoria bring out their tarp and put what is supposedly 55 cannonballs inside of it. They both help carry it and hope it does not split. Kris & Jon are still struggling with their Trivant.
Surprisingly standing on the back of the car does not work. They agree to request a new car. A new one arrives.
KRIS: The question marks on the car are perfect. ‘Is it gonna work?’
Dang. There is not a single bad thing I can say about Kris & Jon. Or really not a word until this episode for me to say about them in general. They were my sister’s favourite team of all-time. I’m hoping they win.
– Gus sits on the bench and hopes Jonathan is eliminated because once again he is a ‘pain in the a–’. Jonathan & Victoria stack the cannonballs. Victoria says they didn’t put enough in the tarp to carry. Jonathan screams there are enough. Victoria however knows what a pyramid is and counts out that they need five more.
VICTORIA: C’mon I’ll grab four you grab one, let’s just go.
Victoria grabbing four. Who knew PlayBoy models could fit four cannonBALLS into their hand.
And Jonathan is several steps behind her as he strains to hold up his lone two pound cannonball. Work out that upper body strength, Jonathan! That two-pounder will give you a lot of new muscle mass!
– I’ve said it many times before that Jonathan is the biggest kid at heart compared to any racer. Heck, he’s more of a kid than the entire cast of TAR Family Edition. Further proof of my assertion?
VICTORIA: You’re such a poke!
This is my favourite. He is wrapped in there like a seven-year-old’s Halloween costume from a sleeping bag and Victoria is the mother who is trying to get her Baby Jonathan to look appropriate enough to sit at the dinner table with grandma.
I rest my case. It reminds me of when Peter gets in a fight with Lois while Peter is acting like his teen alias Lando Griffin.
– Everyone is driving the Trivants as Kendra sits on the train. Rebecca is petting the steering wheel insisting there is not much further to drive. Lori’s car is smoking. Jonathan & Victoria find Gus & Hera. Jonathan confronts him further about how he got the seats. Gus is exasperated when he wonders how in the world he can even take somebody’s seats. Gus continues to call Jonathan a ‘pain in the butt’ in confessionals. He hopes to have peace and quiet but Jonathan presses the issue.
– Hayden & Aaron pull over at what they think is the castle. It is within walking distance. Hayden does not bother pushing the cannon nor carrying many cannonballs because all are too heavy. They finish the detour. Kris & Jon asks how much the cars suck before proceeding to do Cannonball Run. Kris however works much harder than Hayden on this task. She thanks Jon for being strong. How sweet. Adam & Rebecca do catapult crash. Adam suggests it will take forty hours. Their first melon goes a couple feet backwards instead of 150 feet forwards. Rebecca declares they will switch.
REBECCA: C’mon push it!
Is Adam wimping out again on a detour?
Nope. The correct answer we were looking for Rebecca was ‘Pull’. Next time don’t be so quick to quote Salt n Pepa.
REBECCA: Boy these are some dirty balls. AH HEH HEH HEH.
They complete the detour after Rebecca’s terrible joke and feels they are really close to last. Lori’s Trivant is broken down. They sit on the side of the road quietly and declare they are in last.
HAYDEN: Is this is it? Aaron please–
AARON: I’m going to turn here.
HAYDEN: I don’t know if this is it, baby.
AARON: This is it. Locomotive right here.
HAYDEN: Aaron, I just want you to–
AARON: YOU’RE PSYCHOTIC! YOU JUST HAVE TO RELAX!
Who’s the one who punched a post and broke open their pinky.
– Freddy & Kendra have a one hour lead in Budapest. They find the Cafe. It’s 7pm. Should be open unless it is closed for the day.
FREDDY: Hours of operation–10:00pm.
WTF?! I don’t care if my least favourite team ultimately is screwed by an equalizer. This is definitely an intervention by production. No Internet Cafe in the world is open from 10pm to 10am. Why does production have such a strong fear of loosening up the race course just a wee little bit? Six episodes in a row where it is equalizer after equalizer after equalizer after equalizer. Even the last few legs of TAR 3 did not go to this length of imposing equalizers.
– Hayden & Aaron and Kris & Jon are on the third train. Hayden is spying to see if any other teams got on the train. Nobody got on.
– Gus & Hera and Jonathan & Victoria catch cabs. We are treated to humourous series of cuts.
GUS: What a beautiful city.
JONATHAN: Fast fast fast.
GUS: It’s beautiful, isn’t it?
JONATHAN: Cut people off!
GUS: Look at the scenery here.
JONATHAN: Go go go. Race, do you know?
*JONATHAN taps clue envelope*
JONATHAN: Go go go!
Jonathan’s cabbie has an intriguing response.
Finito? What does that mean? Why is his door open?
Jonathan & Victoria have earned the dishonour of being the first team in the history of TAR to be kicked out of a cab. Wow.
– Jonathan gets into a new cab. He uses the same overly aggressive strategy. Gus & Hera and Jonathan & Victoria are at the Net Klub simultaneously. No argument found this time. Lori & Bolo receive their replacement vehicle. Adam & Rebecca are on the fourth train. Lori & Bolo are so far behind that night has fallen. Hayden & Aaron and Kris & Jon arrive in Budapest. Lori & Bolo do cannonball run.
– Five teams are now at the cafe. Wrestlers complete detour. They find the train station. Bad news. Tickets are not being sold. 730am is when the first train departs. Heck, they might not even make it to the cafe by its closing hours at 10:00am. Adam & Rebecca arrive at the cafe with forty minutes left before it opens. They know Lori & Bolo won’t make it.
– Lori & Bolo sleep outside in the thunder showers. What a miserable night that would be. So I s’pose everything will be–
TO BE CONTINUED?! ZACH, WHAT THE F— IS THIS? GO AS FAST AS THEY’RE GOING!
Yep. This is TAR’s first ever ‘To Be Continued’ leg. The sixth leg of the race comes to an end without a pit stop. Production’s defense for doing this is that Hungary’s laws prevent people to beg for money. The natural question would be ‘Why not just make it a regular elimination then?’ but none of the critics asked them this so for whatever reason people accepted the sixth leg as being a non-leg. Few people have issues with this twist but for me it is the worst twist TAR ever implemented.
1) The team in last place is not penalized. This is a step backwards for TAR’s improvements. Why have a leg at all if there is zero benefit to being in the lead and zero punishment to being in last?
2) Production has to create a mock pit stop between legs six and seven for the teams to rest. How do you do that? Saturate these legs with equalizers upon equalizers. Roadblock? Let’s have all the teams gather at the hot rocket jump. Long waits between each train? That will prevent anyone from getting a significant lead. Net Klub Kafe? Let’s open it at 10:00pm and eff over the leading teams. We’ll come up with one more in leg seven and our mock pit stop is complete.
The only good thing to come out of this leg is that Lori & Bolo did so poorly at this leg that the mass number of equalizers could not save them. They should be dead in leg seven unless there is a non-elimination. They are more than ten hours behind and potentially twenty-two hours behind. Production would be going to an extreme to save them, right?
Next time on TAR: Rebecca is done being romantic with Adam, and Victoria is tired of Jonathan. And Freddy discovers a personality. It ain’t pretty.
12th Debra & Steve 12.0
12th Gina & Sylvia 12.0
11th Team Seinfeld/Avi & Joe 11.0
11th Dennis & Erika 11.0
11th Deidre & Hilary 11.0
11th Matt & Ana 11.0
9th Peggy & Claire 9.0
10th Meredith & Maria 9.0
10th Dennis & Andrew 9.0 FF
10th Russell & Cindy 8.33
8th Don & Mary Jean 8.2
10th Kim & Leslie 8.0
9th Jim & Marsha 7.33
8th Dave & Margaretta 7.0
9th Lena & Kristy 7.0
10th Hope & Norm 7.0
6th Lenny & Karyn 6.43
7th Paul & Amie 6.2
8th Steve & Dave 6.2 FF
11th Amanda & Chris 6.0
6th Andre & Damon 5.86
5th Kami & Karli 5.8
8th Michael & Kathy 5.8
7th Cyndi & Russell 5.8
9th Heather & Eve 5.75
5th Nancy & Emily 5.67
10th Alison & Donny 5.5
6th Tian & Jaree 5.43 FF
7th Monica & Sheree 5.33 FF
7th Marshall & Lance 5.33
8th Bob & Joyce 5.25
7th Silver & Gold 5.17
9th Steve & Josh 5.0 – FF
9th Pat & Brenda 5.0 – FF
5th John Vito & Jill 4.8 – FF
2nd Teri & Ian 4.53 – FF
8th Shola & Doyin 4.25 – FF
4th Linda & Karen 4.17
6th Mary & Peach 4.14 (Two failed FF attempts.)
3rd David & Jeff 4.00 – FF
4th Oswald & Danny 4.00 – FF
5th Gary & Dave 3.89 – FF
2nd Kelly & Jon 3.85
4th Jon & Al 3.73
6th Charla & Mirna 3.71
3rd Blake & Paige 3.69 – FF
5th Millie & Chuck 3.67 FF
1st Chris & Alex 3.38 – FF
1st Chip & Kim 3.38
4th Kevin & Drew 3.36 – FF
3rd Brandon & Nicole 3.31
1st Reichen & DK 3.15 – FF
4th Derek & Drew 3.10 – FF
3rd Joe & Bill 2.76 – FF
2nd Tara & Wil 2.53 – FF
1st Flo & Zach 2.69 – FF
3rd Ken & Gerard 2.69 – FF
2nd Colin & Christie 2.54 – FF
1st Rob & Brennan – 2.46 FF
2nd Frank & Margarita 2.38 – FF
Rank The Teams
4) Meredith & Maria
Neither of them could drive a stick. Neither of them could follow directions. Neither of them could do any of the tasks well. The out of shape 70 year olds beat them in a physical task. They are good people, but production loses marks for not catching on that this team is incapable of doing virtually any tasks on the Race. Why cast them if you know they will need a miracle or an insane number of equalizers to survive each round?
3) Don & Mary Jean
They earn points for refusing to beg money from locals. They stole cars. They misread clues. They could not find clues. Don was spontaneous and puked in the water to catch fish. I guess they weren’t too bland for the token old couple. Their record of not finishing better than eighth after five legs will not be beat.
2) Avi & Joe
They looked exactly like characters from Seinfeld. Avi had the potential to be one of the most polarizing players in TAR history. It is about as good cop/bad cop as a team could ever get in TAR. I must say it really was too bad that these two went home so early. Avi taunted at teams as he passed them in a car and Joe was a ‘nice guy’ to the others. We will forever question how their storyline would have played out if it wasn’t for a late leg error.
1) Lena & Kristy
They are the only all-female team in the past couple seasons to not talk about the ‘we need a female team to win!!!!1111oneoneone’ crap. Therefore, that alone made me be fans of theirs. They screwed up in the first couple legs but ran a nearly flawless third leg. However it was the same leg when production made its most poorly thought out roadblock in the history of TAR. I wish they would have let Lena find a clue before going onto the course and eliminating them. At least give her that satisfaction.
Rank the Legs
1) Goree Island -> Berlin (In a leg where slavery and the Holocaust are memorialized, Kendra calls for a genocide of “Ghetto Africa” and Jonathan shoves his wife. This episode is perhaps the single most important episode to why TAR survived being taken off the air.)
2) Reykavik -> Voss (I s’pose it was okay. There were a couple equalizers but at least they drove themselves all leg. Jonathan & Victoria carry this episode from start to finish with their antics. Adam’s ridiculousness persists with doing the roadblock, lost sunglasses, and jumping on train tracks. A pit stop penalty and old people stealing cars makes it a memorable one.
3) Chicago -> Reykavik (Errors, errors everywhere and not a team running flawless. This two hour premiere featured a secret alliance where two of the teams in the alliance finished tenth and eleventh. Nothing original as several equalizers occur and tasks are modeled after TAR 3, 4, and 5. It was okay I guess?
4) Stockholm -> Dakar (Taking mactors out of their comfort zone is always fun. The only episode where Jonathan comes off as the best cast member in an environment. His adventures with Ejal, Adam whining as he digs up salt, and Don puking into the water was fun. What wasn’t fun were the high number of equalizers and Kendra becoming the absolute least tolerant contestant out of all 114 people to run the race course. This leg would hold the record for earliest non-elimination for a really long time. It is for a good reason because all it did was keep a crappy team in longer.)
5) Berlin -> Budapest or Eger depending on which team you are (Trivants, Jonathan being a superhero, and Jonathan being kicked out of a cab. Jonathan carries a lone cannonball, sweet talks a cop, and attacks Gus & Hera. Oh, and a million equalizers including the first ever To Be Continued leg. What a God Awful twist. -_- )
6) Voss -> Stockholm (F— you producers. Worst episode of all time.)