Challenge III: Invasion Gamble
Inspired By: Dog fights from World War II. I thought it would be neat to create an immunity challenge based on that concept.
Date: February 4th – 7th
Voted Out: Fede (5-2 vote)
IT’S SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!
Yeah, I expected the challenge to be semi-live. We had a similar challenge last season where you had to co-ordinate within your own tribe to score points. However, I think it’s the defense aspect that made all of the players geared up to be on for virtually the entire challenge. That’s my fault. I was expecting something like The Mole where players must be stealthy with their strikes. I didn’t expect “postpostossfposp[postosjtpsposopsopsotipostipsitpostpostpost”. Dave racked up 2, 000 posts alone.
Sorry guys. It wouldn’t be a season of SupaCooWackyLand if a unique challenge ends up blowing up in my face. There’ll be a simple revision next season that will really help.
HATE MAIL FROM APUS
Wow. This is an unhappy tribe. Hooker is yelling at me, Shyam is yelling at me, Brian Whitehead says this is his first and final ORG, Fede is pissed, and Lister was angry in general. On the other hand, Ooc was simultaneously loving and hating the challenge. They went out of their way to make the challenge as crazy as it was, and thus I conclude that they enjoyed the experience as it was but at the same time hope to never ever do it again.
WHO IS IN CONTROL OF APUS?
It’s Lister. This round confirmed it. Everyone talked about working with Lister. It’s funny. Lister complains how no one ever trusts him but yet he is the most trusted player on the tribe. Shyam and Fede hate Chris and Eamon; Leif only deals with Lister; Chris deals exclusively with Lister; Eamon is in a corner being too paranoid and clinging to whatever comes his way and still be suspicious about it.
OOC’S STREAK IS TEMPORARY
I don’t buy Ooc will win seven straight. I think they’ll finally lose next round. The challenges have been too close, Apus has been too smart with who they’ve voted out, and Ooc is fracturing before my eyes. Nobody sent me confessionals until the past three days and everyone’s posts ended with distrust of others and figuring out who should be first boot. In the previous season, Coo was relatively mum about a first boot. I don’t think it really crossed their minds until maybe when it was 9 vs. 2. Three rounds in and half the tribe is scrambling equals a tribe that will inevitably lose.
Also, as Apus drops in numbers, that’s more people on Ooc who can take the penalty idol. Speaking of which. . .
This game has passed the number of times the penalty idol was requested in all sixteen rounds of last season combined. Two requests in the first round, four requests in the second, and six in the last round. I think we only had three requests by this time last season.
LEIF NEARLY SOLVED THE IDOL FOR LISTER
Personally I thought the idol would take longer to sniff out. Luckily I added a last minute trick prior to the start of the season in anticipation of this. I predict it will be around two more rounds before someone picks up on my little trick for the idol. I think Dave will get it. Just a gut feeling.
I’m putting my money on an Ooc loss. Apus will get a breather, and who knows, I could see this game even up at 6-6 three more rounds. Or maybe I’ll be wrong and Ooc will dominate. Apus needs to stop complaining and take it to the mat with Ooc otherwise they’ll put themselves in a defeated mind-frame.
14: Brian W.
TRIBAL COUNCIL #3
At the top of this post each of you will see your name. As you know, as long as your name is listed on your tribe’s roster, you are still in this game. Once your name is removed and thrown to the bottom of the post, you’re voted out which will be the case for one of you this round.
You MUST answer your assigned questions in THIS TOPIC for your vote to count.
1. You find out you lose this challenge by only six points after you, Fede, and Lister mounted an extremely productive rally. Meanwhile, the group of 4 scored nothing. Is there any division in the tribe simply based on which group you were in for this challenge or are there divisions that exist outside of this challenge?
I don’t think so. For the time was the key factor in winning this challenge. That cost us the win. UNlike the other tribe which has more number of people in US time zone. It was a miracle fede, lister and myself showed up online at same time today. I am glad atleast group 3 scored something for the APUS. There could be division existing outside the challenge but not that I am aware of. It’s survivor there will always be divisions.
2. I’ll get to my obligatory question about the penalty idol. Any theories regarding whether it’s been found or if it’s still waiting to be snagged?
I would like to believe it’s still remain untouched because in my opinion, possessing an idol shortens the player’s run in this game. I have seen it happen most of the time. Very few went far without playing it and wait until the right moment to play it.
1. What’s your diagnosis of this tribe? What has thwarted this tribe’s efforts to attain immunity?
I think we have a strong tribe. We’re active and we know what we are doing. The thing that held us back this challenge was that we couldn’t all get on at the same time in our groups. Plain and simple.
2. You eliminated the people who self-voted in each of the first two rounds. Does strategy change knowing that nobody here has a history of self-voting?
Of course it does. Kinda hard to vote off an inactive when they’re already gone.
1. Do you think an earthquake is an appropriate reason for you to be voted off this round? How do you convince a tribe that’s lost three times in a row to keep you and bank on you to perform in the next challenge?
I dont think the earthquake should be a reason for me to be voted off. Unless of course if I died then that wouldn’t matter anymore and I guess they can vote me off then. Though I might try to come back as a ghost and play still anyway. This challenge was at its best something that needed 4 of us to be online at the same time. So it was impossible to get a good time frame considering we were from different time zones. However, it doesn’t mean that I should be voted off because we couldn’t bring it together this round. I am good at challenges and I have proven that I am here to do them if and only if it doesn’t require me and people from other time zones to be around at a specific time because that will surely screw us up.
2. The past two rounds featured virtual unanimous votes. Will that pattern hold true for this round?
I am hoping so. There is no sense in trying to divide a tribe who is already down in morale. We can only stay as strong as we are unified. If we lose that as well…we will just end up visiting tribal council over and over.
1. Once again, Ooc’s sheer active nature was very close to being trumped by this tribe’s patient and strategic nature. Is it only a matter before this tribe wins or is it time to change philosophy?
Yes, it is, and thatmatter of time BETTER be next challenge. We HAVE out thought and out strategized them in each comp so far, but they just never ever go away!!!!! lol … They have a cuople people who seem to be online 24/7 and it makes it hard to deal with, but we CAN get them. ALso it’s Monday now, so being the week and that I work online I know I can match any of them for activity in the next couple challenges, and I have full faith in my tribe, we are very strong, we just got burned by such small amounts each time, it’s ours next!
2. After 23/24 seasons of Survivor, everyone knows to be prepared for a tribe switch anytime between rounds 4-6.Has there been any speculation whether I had planned a tribe switch for this game or if you guys are truly on your own? And how does that influence how you vote?
Actually no, as far as I know we havn’t even speculated no that. It is Def something that could happen, but I don;t think it is changing anything about the way anyone is voting or not… if it happens it happens, until then we gotta just try to even things up!!
1.Given the nature of ORGs, you can openly talk to members of the opposing tribe. Will that effect how you vote in the coming rounds or can you isolate your whole thought process to what goes on only in this tribe?
Not really, I dont talk to the other tribe unless strictly necessary
2. What direction do you think this tribe is heading going into the vote?
Getting rid of stupid people
1. Next round Ooc has to sit out three of the people who overwhelmingly posted in this immunity. Does that relax you heading into the next round or does this tribe need to balloon themselves up and prepare for Ooc in any form?
What I see is that Ooc has a very huge luck on their side. They are not THAT strong, they just lucky. Why would I say lucky? because most of the challenge requires a good time management and like Shyam said, most of them are in the same time zone. However I wont underestimate their ability, and I dont feel any comfort feelings whenever I go for challenges because it is the immunity we’re fighting for. Last challenge I was online almost 24hr just to find that narrow opportunity to score some but since I was in the group of 4 and we all have obligations in real life, it is hard.
2. What’s the level of paranoia at camp like?
I think right now everybody feeling uneasy because we dont have any inactive person to vote out. Going to tribal always sucks. But that is how this game works.
1. Where do you attribute your source of frustration to? The challenges? Your tribe? The tribe of Ooc? I’m assuming everyone must be frustrated to some extent.
Let me begin by saying that I am NOT frustrated with my tribemates. Everyone is putting in an incredible effort. I’m mainly frustrated that nothing seems to be breaking our way in the challenges. Ooc seems like an incredible tribe, and will always be hard to beat, but I feel we can do it.
2. Anything interesting that came up at camp that you’re willing to share publicly?
The group of 4 was not quite as pitiful as we seemed. A couple of us were willing to get up in the middle of the night to ambush the other tribe and score a ton of points. If this worked, we would have won big.
When you vote, please do so in the following format:
– Send a private message to me on this Facebook account.
– Your message should start with the name of the person you’re voting for within the brackets like this:
REASON: Nobody appreciates a Dragon Ball Z reference yet you claim that DBZ is lame. What gives? Too bad you’ll be voted out before I can find out.
Whatever you write in the brackets is exactly how your vote will appear when I reveal the votes unless it’s extremely inappropriate.
Alright, between now and 2:00pm eastern Tuesday, it is time to vote. Apus tribe, you’re up.
TC VOTING #3
(Fede – sorry)
Reason: Nothing personal, you are a great competitor, but as far as I know the plan is to vote for you.
Meh, he seems to be the least active left, we NEED to start winning. + he’s not in the group of 5 (not sure if you know about it or not, I assume someone must have mentioned it in confession somewhere but Me/Lister/Brian/Eamon/Lief have an alliance going… I “Think” that within that Lister and I are sticking to each other, and Brian has mentioned being a 3-some with us too) None of this is going to matter a shat though unless we can start winning!!!!!!!!!!!! Half the other tribe thinks I am some super villain with mind control powers, AND they know about me and Jamie… If Jamie and I end up together on a tribe (or merge) and do NOT have the #’s?? I am 1st out….
Sorry, you’re the only option.
Even though it doesnt matter, im getting raped.
Reason: He needs to go and I don’t have any use for him
“Sorry it had to be this way dude but voting you out will be best for me in the long run than if I were to vote out Eamon. Maybe I’ll see you soon at Ponderosa. Save me a cheeseburger.”
If anybody played a hidden immunity idol this round, now would be the time I’d reveal it.
Okay. Once the votes are read the decision is final and the person voted out will be removed from the TC group almost immediately. I’ll read the votes.
That’s two votes Chris, two votes Fede.
(Fede – sorry)
Three votes Fede, two votes Chris. Two votes left.
And the third person voted out of the Apus tribe:
Fede, the tribe has spoken.
It’s time for you to go.
CONFESSIONALS ROUND 3
BRIAN W.: Confessional: This is my first ORG, and will likely be my last. Over the weekend, I began to see how much this game could take over my life…I saw this at 4:30 a.m. Sunday actually…But now it’s a new week and like Holly Hoffman, I’m back in game mode. Now if we could only win a few challenges…
o CHRIS: I will take the penalty again….
Wow – we are brutal…. we are going ot lose every single challenge it is obvious. oh well, I hate when I have to watch as game go by and know right from the beginning that I have NO chance at all. I have actually given up. We are going ot be slaughtered in comps and then the other side will take me out as soon as merge hits. oh well, it was fun for a day or 2.
(And I didn’t really give up – I was hung over, pissed off at my wrestling game and also at losing again here… I DO think I am probably f***ed, but meh,we’ll see about that!)
· well that was obvious – I Def could have told you that would happen
· not that we would get kicked so bad – I thought we could do it, but that it would be non-stop
we are going ot lose every single challenge it is obvious. oh well, I hate when I have to watch as game go by and know right from the beginning that I have NO chance at all. I have actually given up. We are going ot be slaughtered in comps and then the other side will take me out as soon as merge hits. oh well, it was fun for a day or 2.
DAVE: Round 3:
Michael mentions to me that he’d like to go for the idol and that he’s scared of Racine down the road, also he’s worried he’s 4th in our alliance. I make a final 2 deal with Michael to keep him from freaking out but he becomes 4th in our alliance and I tell David that he plans on replacing him with Carl down the road. Our Final 5 still looks solid, but I can see some cracks. David and I decide to try to get the idol into our alliance. I tell Michael to go for the immunity this round, and we all talk about it as a group. We all decide Michael should go for it, but it’s for all of us. David informs me that he has the third clue to another immunity idol and gives me the clue in hopes that we can work on it together. I suddenly realize that including the immunity I still have from my first vote, I have the ability to get 2 other things that will grant me or my alliance immunity. Awesome. Michael tries for the idol, but apparently gets turned down, looks like someone else went for the idol this round. We suspect Cisco or Carl, but it could have been Jamie for all we know. Or Michael could even be lying and have it, who knows. David and I continue to work on the clue for the other hidden immunity necklace. We battled furiously in this challenge, it came down to Carl stopping the 4v4 group on his thread, but Ooc pulled out a narrow victory once again.
Our numbers are now 9 – 6. I guaranteed to survive at least one round of voting so I can’t be voted out 4th now (In your face Logan!). All I can hope is that Ooc continues to win challenges and we get as many of our numbers to the end as possible.
Now that we’re all caught up, more casual confessionals to follow. Sorry if I missed anything.
DAVID: Alright, so confessional time… Didn’t realize I had to/could be doing them due to my n00bness, so here’s a recap from me that hopefully will give insight into the Ooc tribe from my perspective.
1) The tribe pick-em. Hopefully it wasn’t too blatantly obvious, but the first 4 picks were pre-planned. Dave B, myself, Michael Graga, and Noah have had a 4-way alliance since a good day before the tribes were even picked. I didn’t want to be seen as a leader AT ALL so i helped Dave figure out the message and let him get the ball rolling instead, taking my chances that it would indeed be a Palau style pick-em.
2) First few days. We had originally wanted Kristine as our 5th but quickly realized that she has had former ties to Fran and maybe Carl in the past. As soon as we found out that Fran was actively talking about Jamie being the first boot over previous bad blood, we quickly ushered her over to our side in a manner that does not seem like it is us 4 + her. We do have some info that she’s inseparable to a certain Chris Hooker from the other side, but it’s something we’ll have to deal with when the time comes. As it stands Dave B and I are committed 100% to each other and tell each other every little detail, and spend an obscene amount of time talking strategy. It will come to the point down the road where our game will be so identical it won’t be in either of our best interest to keep the other, but i’ve planned for that too.
3) My game. I initially wanted to lay low and portray a kind of “i’m just glad to be here guys, it’s my first org lmao!!!1!!1” demeanor, but that’s not exactly working since I’ve had to step up in challenges and display some smarts I was hoping to hide, and essentially lead my tribe in the right direction twice. Not only did I pretty much win the second challenge for the team, but I coordinated my group of 4 in the third challenge to make sure we scored points instead of just showing up whenever as was planned (really guys?). I’m trying to step back and sit the next challenge out, especially since Michael confided in Dave that “I don’t want Racine anywhere near the finals after seeing his game”.
4) Concerns. Michael Graga. He describes himself as being like “Cochran” which worries me since i’ve sort of fell into a Jim Rice kind of role. He switches his opinions of people like the wind, and is just a paranoid kid in general when it comes to the game. I have made some steps to ensure he trusts me by showing him my clue to the third idol, and as far as I can tell it’s working. I have big plans and they require him to stay in my alliance but also get close to Dave B.
I’m also concerned about Francisco; sharp and discreet.
EAMON: · Haha. This would take me forever
· So if I unable to solve this clue, will I have the chance to try to decipher it next round?
· without requesting any hint?
JAMIE: · I want to penalize my tribe.
· I predict 10 times.
LEIF: I want to go for the penalty idol
LISTER: Episode 3 Confessional
So I’ve done a little reading of our esteemed host’s blog of the last season and I have come to a conclusion. I do not f***ing want my tribe to be the successor to the Supa tribe in anything more than just a name. I just experienced an Ulonging in another game and I do NOT want it to happen again so soon. F*** that s***.
So Logan posts up a challenge which is essentially a live posting challenge and I immediately groaned when I saw it. I’m in 5 games and each one of them have a challenge going at the moment. How the hell am I going to find time for all of them when I’ve also got this posting challenge I have to attend to and prevent the other tribe from scoring? Lemme tell ya, it was a bitch and a half to accomplish but I did goddammit.
When the challenge started I waited out, stalking the page waiting to see if the other 3-man team would get on at the same time. I didn’t want to start unless I had to. If I had my way I would have waited to do my prediction till Fede and Shyam were around so we could just go to town on them Ooc rats. But no. About an hour after Francisco posts, Dave and Marcelo show up so I quickly sent in a prediction of 10 to el-Hosto and for hours and hours I just kept posting stopping them from getting as many points as I could. I did one hell of a job at it too. Some points slipped by me but it would have been a lot worse if I hadn’t been there.
Anyways. Eventually my team got our points and we each scored a set of ten. Unfotunately the other team got all their points too and when the tally went up it was 36-30. Dammit. We lost again. But at least I can take solace in the fact that my team scored and the rest of the tribe didn’t so f*** yeah I’m awesome.
During the challenge Eamon approached me and told me of the idol clue that he received. Now what Eamon doesn’t know, is that I was the individual who received the clue right before him so when he was trying to explain it to me I already knew what the hell he was talking about I just played dumb. I kinda like Eamon, not sure how much I trust him though. Since my first org the level of trust I put in people has been significantly reduced. I don’t trust many people anymore. And even though I don’t trust any of the people on my tribe, the weird thing is… so many of them seem to really trust me a lot. Chris says how he really trusts me. Eamon said he’s put all his trust in me. Shyam and Fede have both said they trust me as well? What the hell is this? This reminds me of Survivor Vanuatu where Chris had his confessional about not trusting any of them women but all of them trusted him.
Of course I do realize that you have to trust someone in Survivor, or at least make someone feel like you trust them and in this game that person is Leif. While Leif and I have never played together in an ORG before we are pretty familiar with each other. We both came from the Survivor Facebook series of games (Shyam did too) so we have a bit of an inkling on how each other players.
So I did something that helped to test my trust in Leif. I gave him the immunity idol clues that Eamon had given me. Leif, quite quickly I might add, solved the clue which basically said I had to solve some math equation, turn it into roman numerals and send the answer to the Host. Leif told me that since I actually had the clue that I should send in the answer to the host which helped to fuel my trust in him. I gave him the opportunity to take the idol for himself but he didn’t do it. Well the answer was 31 which when translated to roman numerals is “XXXI” so I sent that to the Host but haven’t heard anything back yet. I’m assuming he won’t respond till after Tribal Council since on the show you can’t actually find idols at Tribal Council. Makes sense to me.
So now I (hopefully) am about to get an idol.
But. Now we come to the subject of Tribal Council. It’s Fede or Eamon. Shyam is pushing for Eamon and Eamon is pushing for Fede. We have Eamon, Chris and Brian on one side and Fede and Shyam on the other side. Leif and I are in the middle and over the past few days we have debated back and forth trying to decide what to do. Finally. Finally we have made a decision. It’s going to be Fede. Leif and I feel that voting out Fede will cause less fallout to the two of us than if we were to go after Eamon. If Eamon goes that leaves Chris and Brian both very upset with us but if Fede is gone then that only leaves Shyam.
Speaking of Shyam. Shyam seems to have some belief that Chris, Eamon and Leif are this super tight group. Now, I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Leif isn’t with Chris and Eamon and is actually with me. So Shyam believes that the majority is already voting out Fede because he can’t get Brian or Leif to switch their votes so he more or less gave me his permission to vote out Fede. So the fallout against me is going to be very minimal after the vote… unless of course people read this after the game is over in which case all I can say is game is game and if you want to come after me in the future for what I did here then so be it. I like to try and keep each game as separate as I can. Doesn’t always work, but I try. Anyways, our beloved Host just called me up to the podium to cast my vote. See ya later.
MARCELO: I want the idol
MICHAEL: I want the penalty idol
SHYAM: So we were glad that we got ride of the last inactive player and really looking forward to gain a good lead and hopefully break our losing streak. But looks like not many players are committed enough to be present for the challenge. I don’t want to name names but if you follow through the challenge, you can figure out who that players are. Lister, I got to admit, is the only player who actually stayed through the whole challenge and I appreciate his determination. Me on the hand had to excuse myself half-way through a birthday dinner to be here for the challenge but it’s no use. My group needs one more person and that person hasn’t made any effort to be here.
I wouldn’t be surprised if my tribe heads to tribal again. If only some sort of twist takes place like tribe shuffle or something that takes place would be nice. So far the game is going per prediciton and kinda boring. If my tribe heads to tribal, I would like to see Eamon taking the boot. Right now we need US time zone guys who can contribute more to the challenge. Chris as much as I want him gone, I want to keep him around for a while because he is online all the time. Oh I don’t know…I am just frustrated beyond words!
Confessional: Bunch of spineless jerks.
So myself, fede and lister fought tooth and nail scored something for our ungratefull a-holes in our tribe and the way they repay is targeting Fede. I am damn sure Chris is behind this and that guy always talk his way through anything. I am gonna see to it that he wont last long. Eamon too. I thought it would be perfect opportunity to get rid of stupid empty headed Eamon off the game, who did squats so far in the challenges but Brian being the swing vote proved me he is plain dumbass as other players. Now it’s them four against myself, fede and lister.
I always hate when a worthy player has to take the boot for no effin’ reason! There should be some sort of twist taking place else this lazy ass tribe will lose and with numbers,I will be taking the boot next. I am going to stop my confessional right now before I say something that I would regret later.
FEDE EXIT INTERVIEW
If you’re reading this, it means you are voted out are not too thrilled about it (or maybe you are, who knows). But never fear! This is your exit interview. Once the game is over, all exit interviews will be posted. Answer these questions while your frustration and the would’ves and could’ves are at their peak!
1) I’ll get this out of the way—Why did you vote for Chris?
Because he was not part of my alliance
2) Was Chris your first choice for who you’d vote out that round?
Yeah, I also wanted Eamon out but he was too attached to Leif’s dick
3) You saw this vote coming. How so?
No one talked to me and told Shyam, my only real ally.
4) How do you think things would be different if you wouldn’t have been voted out? Do you think the tribe truly moved forward with a stronger tribe?
Not at all, I was the strongest player in there.
5) You were the first to receive information on the third and final idol. Did you try to use that information to your advantage? Did you share it with anyone? Any speculation where the idol could be?
I F***ING FORGOT ABOUT IT 😄
6) What do you think was the causation for the tribe to turn against you and vote you out?
Because they are assholes
7) Do you think you would have had an easier time integrating into the other tribe?
Nah not really
8) Who do you want to win? Who do you want to lose? Who do you think will win? Who do you think will lose?
I want Shyam to win and Eamon to have a f***ing stroke.
9) Any other thoughts?
Thanks for the game, you are a great host dude! But make less confusing challenges!
On behalf of the production crew for SupaCooWackyLand, we thank you for participating in this game!